Koreaboo is now hiring interns in multiple departments
Looking to expand your writing skills and be a part of a new startup company? Koreaboo is currently offering internships for talented writers that fulfill some small requirements.
We have lots of events, contests, and features planned and we'd like to have some of our amazing readers on board with us. In 2011, we've launched multiple concerts and collaborations with entertainment companies. 2011 also brings many concerts just waiting to be attended and reported on by us. Writing for an up and coming news site gives you the opportunity to get in "behind-the-scenes" to k-pop and write about the things you love. Why read on breaking news when you could be the one to break it?
Along with writing interns, Koreaboo is also looking for a developers, web designers and videographers. If you have experience with Final Cut or Adobe Premiere/After Effects, don't hesitate to apply.
Join the Koreaboo family and be on the cutting edge of k-pop news!
- Great sense for cutting-edge design style
- Understanding of the "Koreaboo" style
- Experience in XHTML / CSS
- Dribbble account is a plus
- Experience designing icons and other graphics from scratch
- Lives in North America, Korea or Japan
- Experience with photography at a professional level
- Basic understanding of photography
- Able to PP own photos at great efficiency and speed
- Equipment owned must be respectable enough for a photography position
- Experience in editing videos
- Experience in After Effects / Animation (or similar programs)
- Artistic talent and creativity
- Computer that can handle rendering of HD videos
- Knowledge of videography and understanding cuts as well as style of filming
- Equipment owned must be respectable enough for a videographer position
- Advanced knowledge in PHP, XHTML, and CSS
- Advanced knowledge in SQL
- Experience using SVN (can be taught)
- Knowledge of Invision Power Board (highly recommended)
- Linux/Unix experience
- Passion for Korean related news, whether it be music, dramas, movies or Korea itself!
- Being able to read and write Korean or Japanese fluently is considered a strong asset.
- Available from 9AM to 5PM PST, 5PM PST to 1AM PST, or 1AM PST to 9AM PST. This is flexible.
- Good grasp of the English language, both grammar and spelling.
- Experience in writing, whether it be a personal blog (Tumblr) or stories.
- Follow Koreaboo rules and regulations.
Fit the criteria? Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Koreaboo [Job] Intern", (replacing the job with the one you are applying for) including the following information:
- Name, Age, and Location
- Languages fluent in (for writers)
- Time Availability
- Two writing samples (for writer)
- Portfolio (web designers, photographers, videographers)
- Equipment owned (photographers and videographers)
We thank everyone who submits an application! Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to all applicants as space is limited. Don't miss your chance to be a part of the new upcoming k-pop blog, right from the start!