A recent Instiz thread has commented that two particular girl groups have continuously used the same concept in term of music.
Girl group EXID rose to fame after their track “Up & Down,” in particular a fancam of Hani during a college performance, went viral causing the track to go up the digital charts and prompting the group to return for a second round of promotions.
Finally gaining recognition and with their first single hitting over a million digital downloads, EXID returned with a new mini-album and title track “Ah Yeah.” After successfully promoting “Ah Yeah,” the girl group finally returned once again in November with their single “Hot Pink.”
However, many fans who listened took note that all three tracks – “Up & Down,” “Ah Yeah,” and “Hot Pink” – all had a similar vibe especially in the chorus that is reminiscent to their first hit track.
Similarly, rookie girl group Lovelyz has been said to be following a similar concept in terms of the sound of the tracks as well with “Hi~” and “A-Choo,” their tracks taking on an innocent and light-hearted concept.
Despite the similarity of sounds between all the tracks, netizens agree nevertheless that the songs are all pleasing to the ears.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- Lovelyz ㅠㅠㅠ I feel like this is a process they’re going through to find their own style.
- Up down up down ah yeah~ ah yeah~ hot pink hot pink
The songs are similar but they’re goodㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- I agree…it’s good to have your own style and color but I think you need to show more diverse concepts.
- It kind of feel like that I agree but unnis are so hot in Hot Pink…
- I love Lovelyz song ㅠㅠㅠㅠ personally I love their current style and concept.
- Lovelyz doesn’t really sound the same I think they’re more staying in concept.