Recently, ITZY‘s members have been busy promoting the release of their upcoming EP, CHESHIRE, which is due to come out on November 30.
ITZY <CHESHIRE> CONCEPT FILM #2https://t.co/a1zDpuaCwl
— ITZY (@ITZYofficial) November 15, 2022
The girls look absolutely stunning in the teasers released so far, giving off elegant and mature vibes that we hope to see in the title track of the album too!
— ITZY (@ITZYofficial) November 17, 2022
So far, Yeji and Lia are the only two that have released solo teaser images for the comeback, and they suit the concept beautifully.
— ITZY (@ITZYofficial) November 18, 2022
Yeji’s visuals, in particular, have been creating discussion among fans, most notably because of the bold bangs she’s wearing in the teasers.
Paired with a fluffy hat and cat-wing eyeliner, she looks every bit the cat that she’s so often compared to with her feline visuals!
Her teasers have even become the subject of a post on an online Korean forum, titled “Yeji did f*cking well getting bangs”. The author writes simply, “It suits her perfectly ㅠㅠ”, and many comments agree with them.
- “Yeji is living her glory days”
- “Her hair and makeup are so my style… I hope to see the hat + bangs combination on music shows”
- “Freaking pretty”
- “Please give us this outfit on music shows just once ㅠㅠ That perfect hair and makeup is too much of a waste to be only used in picturesㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “I’m happy she’s sporting the bangs. I loved them since her cover with Ryujin. I’m excited for the comeback. I feel like their going back to their debut sound”
- “The more I look at Ragdoll cats, the more I see it ㅋㅋㅋ”
There are some, however, who aren’t as big of a fan, not so much because of Yeji herself, but just because they don’t seem to like such dramatic bangs in general.
- “I actually think she doesn’t suit this type of bang, they’re [too] heavy of a look”
- “Whenever idols have these types of bangs, it looks a bit stuffy to me”
- “I hate to say this cause Yeji is my QUEEN and she looks gorgeous nonetheless but I don’t think this looks good and she looks way better without them, but to be fair I also hate this style of bangs in general and think they make everyone look bad so maybe I’m not the most objective person for this”
It’s actually not the first time Yeji has been given such bangs, as she and Ryujin both rocked them for their “MIX AND MAX” performance for Studio Choom back in June.
Regardless of how you feel about bangs, though, we think that Yeji’s beautiful visuals still shine through no matter what styling she’s given!