Korean Netizens React To BTS’s Billboard Nomination
Korean netizens have been reacting to BTS’s billboard nomination.
It has recently been revealed that BTS was nominated again for Top Social Artist at the 2018 Billboard Music Awards.
We are honored to be nominated again for the 2018 @BBMAs! Don't miss the show, LIVE May 20th on NBC. #BBMAs pic.twitter.com/SioZn5mqvJ
— 방탄소년단 (@BTS_twt) April 18, 2018
BTS was the winner of the Top Social Artist in last year’s Billboard Music Awards.
In response to their nomination, Korean netizens have cautiously been expressing their hopes that BTS will win again this year.
- “Although we don’t know who will win, I hope they participate as a performer”
- “Billboard sure loves BTS…they even have a separate tab for them on their homepage…One vote on them participating as a performer…they even wrote don’t miss the show on their Twitter…please please please”
- “The nation of voters. Accounts are all ready to go!”
- “They must really be going. I think they’re going to perform too omg I’m so excited already”
Many Korean netizens also commented that they became huge fans of BTS while looking up why they were so popular.
- “I became a BTS fan while I was searching on why they were so popular. I wasn’t very interested in idols but watching BTS’s performance…especially Jimin’s dance and voice, I became obsessed. I really hope they do well. I might even reserve an album ㅠㅠ”
- “I was watching Produce with my daughter and saw that one of the participants had a difficult time singing a BTS song so I looked them up and watched their ‘Spring Day’ music video and thought my heart had stopped. Starting with ‘Boy in Luv’ to Suga and RM’s rap, I became totally into Bangtan Bomb and watched all of the over 400 episodes over 10 times, watched all their V apps, variety shows and became a total fan of Bangtan. When my daughter says she can’t understand, I even show her Bangtan Bomb on my tablet pc while we eat and explain it to her. One day, I was watching Burn the Stage on the bus and a girl who looked younger than my daughter seemed really happy to see me and gave me a Bangtan goods saying she had many of them already. That was my first Bangtan goodsㅎ I already made 6 Gmail accounts to vote for this year’s billboard. I love you BTS, you guys are the best and most loving group, encouraging each other on like that, my cuties”
Others were just huge fans of BTS and were so excited and happy for their nomination.
- “I get so stressed out when it’s award season or comeback season for BTS. It’s almost like catharsis I’m both really happy and stressed out at the same time…ㅋㅋI’m soo happy but then get stressed the next second. My heart keeps beating faster and faster and anyway I become really anxious…ㅋㅋㅋHa..I hope May passes by fast…ㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Ha, I’m so happy to be A.R.M.Y”
- “I’m an older fan. These days, watching Bangan on Youtube is one of the very few pleasures of my live and is my only source of energy when I’m exhausted and tired from work so I’m so thankful to BTS. Although I can’t participate in fan club activities or go support them in person like A.R.M.Ys, I’d like to help them in any way I can if it’s something that makes them happy. Could A.R.M.Ys please tell me what hidden fans like me could do to help them win the Billboard?”
And many were more than surprised at BTS’s achievements.
- “Wow, this is seriously so daebak thoughㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋThey’ve pioneered the market with their skills alone. Others can’t get this far no matter how much greed they have or how hard they tryㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Aren’t they the first to achieve popularity at this scale internationally?”
- “You guys are the bomb! You guys are so charming that the whole world recognizes it and is going crazy over you!!ㅠㅠ I’m so proud”
- “I’m not really interested in BtS but they’re so damn respectable for their recognition worldwide that I’ll give my vote. They’re awesome”
- “These votes come from Saudi Arabia and even Madagascarㅋㅋㅋthey even got 3 or so votes from North Korea last yearㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋout of the 330 million votes 42% was from America, 37% from Brazil and Korea was only 4%…This type of support is only possible because they’re Bangtan”
No matter the outcome, 2018 has already proven to be BTS’s year!
BTS’s V And Choi Woo Shik Prove To Be “Double Trouble” While Being Scolded During “Jinny’s Kitchen”
BTS’s Suga Attends Jimin’s “Music Bank” Pre-recording, Keeping An Old Promise
BTS’s Jimin Shocks ARMYs After Finally Revealing His Moon Back Tattoo He’s Been Teasing For A Year
“Who’s That Girl?” ARMYs’ Theories About The Mysterious Girl In BTS Jimin’s “Like Crazy” Music Video