It seems like everything NewJeans does has become a hot topic. Recently, netizens have reacted to the members’ change in makeup style at a recent event.
Since debuting, the members have rocked the Y2K concept, which has been reflected in their outfits, makeup, and hairstyling.
Recently, the members performed at Weverse Con.
— NewJeans (@NewJeans_twt) June 11, 2023
According to the Korean forum Instiz, netizens pointed out that the members seemingly returned to their makeup artist from their debut.
In the photos and videos, the members’ makeup varied depending on the member but remained fairly light and subtle. The makeup artist seemingly made use of lighter colors and focused on key points, whether it was glitter, face gems, or just the way the colors were blended.
When the post was shared, netizens couldn’t get over the change in makeup for the idols by praising the new makeup stylists. However, it seems like not everyone was a fan of the new look, especially when it came to member Danielle’s style.
- Honestly, I don’t think Nakyung makeup artist will be permanent..they probably have to find someone like her that can do makeup that matches the girls’ faces..makeup artists.
- Oh, Giljoo and Yoo Hyesoo, that are doing their makeup now, are not doing a good job.
- All I can say is that this is crazy…
- Woah, no wonder I liked it cus it was giving debut vibes
- Besides Danielle’a makeup, I feel like the other members suit the makeup they did this time.
- Please let them work with Nakyung again…so pretty.
Even on the makeup artist’s Instagram page, after posting photos, the images showcased the beauty of each member.
The post was full of Korean and international fans praising the makeup she did on the members. Many were even sending their wishes that she continues to work with the group and does the styling for their next comeback.
Considering how important makeup is, it’s not surprising that the members’ looks at the event have become a hot topic. Each member’s colors and designs were youthful but allowed their personality to shine through.
You can read more about the members at the event below.