SM Entertainment is known for their shoddy work in terms of releases. They have consistently delayed releases for music videos and other content. This time, it was NCT 127 that fell prey to the company’s incompetence.
NCT 127 was supposed to release their music video for “Fact Check” on October 6, 2023, at 1pm KST. Just five minutes after the allotted time, the official Twitter account announced that the music video would be briefly delayed.
Hello. This is NEO Production. The planned launch of the music video for NCT 127’s 5th Full Length Album’s title track, “Fact Check,” was scheduled for 1pm today. In order to raise the quality of completion of the music video, we unfortunately have to delay it to 3pm today. We are sorry to the waiting fans, and ask for your generous understanding. Thank you.
— NEO Production
The sudden postponement annoyed fans who had been counting down on their fingers in wait.
— ㅇㅂㅇ (@nk4yuta) October 6, 2023
In particular, fans wondered why it took them so long to post the announcement.
Didn't even have the courtesy to upload a notice before 1PM KST to inform fans of the change in upload time, and the actual tweet informing fans is also uploaded after 1PM… what even is this 🙂 https://t.co/Dw6rrcbXoK
— 링 (@NCTDAOYlNG) October 6, 2023
Of course, this was not the first time that this has happened.
— Chair🍒🦋| FACT CHECK (@butterflyutsie) October 6, 2023
Netizens and fans expressed their annoyance at the company.
- No, but I’m f*cking pissed off so I came back to this post. Just why do they do their work like this? The seem insane… It’s not even the first time.
- I’m so f*cking annoyed already that this is their 3rd Chuseok comeback in a row, but they can’t even release their music video on time.
- The start of their f*ckery.
- No, but even those f*cking small companies don’t do this. This is how big companies do themselves in. I’m surprised that they’re doing this consistently.
- The song is damn good.
- Just how late will it be this time.
- F*ck NEO Center.
- What is SM exactly?
As promised, the video was eventually released at 3pm KST on that day. Check out the music video to show your support to the boys!