Netizens Name The Newest Makeup Craze, And K-Pop’s Hottest Stars Are Already Rocking The Edgy Look
Korean celebrities continue to lead some of the world’s top trends when it comes to fashion, makeup, music, and more.
As K-Pop continues to reach a wider global audience, fans have become increasingly interested in K-Beauty trends, wanting to emulate the trend-setting looks of Korea’s top stars.
For years, the “glass skin” and natural makeup trend has swept K-Pop, with idols appearing with glowing skin and light make-up carefully accentuating their natural beauty.
Variations of more natural makeup looks remain prevalent, but netizens have recently acknowledged a new, edgier trend on the rise.
The ’90s grunge smokey eye trend is back, and just in time for the revival of ’90s and early 2000s fashion trends K-Pop idols have been embracing as of late.
Korea’s top celebrities have already been spotted shaking up their regular style and rocking the smokey-eye trend.
The grungy look has already been seen on K-Pop idols in magazines, photoshoots, at fashion events, and more.
Netizens expressed their excitement at the trend’s return, wanting to test their makeup skills.
- “But thank god it’s not as bad as the early half of the 2000sㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Wow, I’ll finally get to use the eyeshadows I bought 10 years ago (heart fluttering)”
- “I’ve already been wearing it since a few years ago, and I wondered if I was too much compared to others, but I guess I’ll finally become average ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m excited”
- “I love smokey ㅎㅎ”
- “Everyone’s pretty. I want to try it too.”
- “I like it!!!!! It’s too hard”
- “Hurry! I look good in smokey makeup”
As K-Pop stars are often ahead of the trend, fans luckily already have access to makeup tutorials on achieving the edgy, smokey-eye look.
Check out a step-by-step guide to the subtle smokey-eye by BLACKPINK‘s makeup artist in the article below!
BLACKPINK’s Makeup Artist Spills On How To Achieve Rosé’s Subtle Smokey Eye Makeup