Although success is mainly driven by talent and hard work, some people often attribute it to good luck.
In fact, some of Korea’s top celebrities are incredibly obsessed with luck and superstitions. Netizens recently recounted some of the most bizarre superstitions in the entertainment industry, some of which invoked a lot of laughter from readers.
1. IU – Her song always succeeds when the title is three words long.
2. Jo Jae Hyun – He needs to purchase underwear around the shooting location and wear it during the shoot in order to have a successful day.
3. JeA – When she eats onions her days are bad.
4. G-Dragon – When he writes a song imagining what it would feel like to break up with his girlfriend they actually break up.
5. Yoon Eun Hye – Male actors who act as her romantic partner in a drama always enlist in the army after.
6. ALi – When she sings a song about break up she ends up breaking up in real life.
7. Jung Woo Sung – Whenever there’s a rooftop shooting it turns into the coldest day of the year.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- Apparently Taeyeon has one too where if she doesn’t like the title of the song it fails
- There’s a superstition among singers that if you see a ghost during recording that album blows up
- INFINITE – It always rains on concert day
- Yoseob – I need to wear fancy underwear when I’m on stage