Here Are The 13 Most Random Things You Didn’t Know About These K-Pop Idols
Too bad K-Pop Jeopardy doesn’t exist — because we’d have you totally covered. Here are the 10+ most random and unbelievable things you didn’t know about some of your favorite K-Pop idols. That is, until now. These bits and pieces of information are, well… useless, for the lack of a better word. But hey, that makes them infinitely more interesting. Right? Like, where else would you find out about these… stuffs?
1. Apink’s Chorong attended Beat On Pop Performing Arts Academy in North Chungcheong Province.
She then passed her idol audition as a dancer amongst 23,000 other competitors.
2. MAMAMOO’s Solar is an INFJ.
Yes, against all popular guesses, she is an I.
3. OH MY GIRL’s Arin is the oldest child.
Don’t be fooled by her aegyo-driven personality.
4. MONSTA X’s Shownu is pursuing a degree in management.
Initially, it had been rumored to be a degree in economics — but he corrected it himself.
5. TWICE’s Dahyun is extremely nearsighted.
Her contact lenses would need to have the power -5.50 to correct her vision.
6. No one in BTS is really from Seoul.
The members have all been either born outside Seoul or raised outside Seoul. But regardless, BTS became the city’s honorary tourism ambassadors in 2017.
7. Park Kyung and Zico “share” an ex-girlfriend.
Park Kyung dated the girl in 5th grade, then Zico dated the same girl in 6th grade.
8. Super Junior’s Shindong and Kang Hyung Wook the Dog Guru are the same age.
They are both 34 years old, born 1985.
9. BTOB’s Im Hyunsik and actor Im Si Wan are from the same “clan”.
They share the last name Im from the Pungcheon Im clan, based in Kwail County, South Hwanghae Province.
10. EXO Xiumin’s mother had one heck of a conception dream.
She saw six tigers race up the Baekdu Mountain — and the winning one put up the Korean flag at the peak.
11. IU once owned a CyWorld page.
In 2010 however, after she performed in a duet with HIGHLIGHT‘s Yoseop, her page was “terrorized” by haters and she had to shut it down.
12. WJSN’s Bona wanted to become a fashion designer.
She is also interested in nail art. She would rather work on her nails than catch up on sleep.
13. BLACKPINK’s Jisoo stopped believing in Santa Claus since kindergarten.
As a young girl, she saw her mother and grandfather hide the gift. She kept this fact to herself though, so she could keep getting Christmas gifts.