There’s a lot of anticipation leading up to the debut of YG Entertainment‘s new girl group, BABYMONSTER. With their group officially named and the members introduced, netizens are doing their best to try and find out as much information about the soon-to-be idols involved as they can.
Recently, the ages, nationalities, and photos of each of the members were shared on a post on an online forum. While it seems like the years each member was born are still not totally confirmed in some cases, it is interesting to see just how diverse the seven members are! Here are the nationalities and birth years of each of BABYMONSTER’s members, according to this post.
Ahyeon is one of three Korean members in the group. She was born in 2007, with her birthday allegedly on April 11, 2007.
Chikita (or Canny) is one of two Thai members of the group. She’s also apparently the youngest, born in 2009 (rumors say her birthday is February 17, 2009).
Haram is another Korean member of the group. The post says that she was born in 2007, with her alleged birthday on October 17, 2007.
Dain is the third and final Korean member of BABYMONSTER. Sources say she was born in 2008, making her another one of the younger members of the group. Her birthday is allegedly on August 5, 2008.
Asa is one of two Japanese members of the group, and one of YG Entertainment’s first female Japanese idols. There aren’t any rumors of her exact birthday, but it seems like she was born in either 2005 or 2006.
Prita is the second of the two Thai members of the group’s line-up, and apparently a former child model. It’s said that she was born in 2005, with her rumored birthday on August 26, 2005.
Finally, Ruka is the second Japanese member of the group and another of YG Entertainment’s first female Japanese idols, with no clear photos shared of her yet. Her speculative birth year is 2002, which would make her the oldest member of BABYMONSTER.
Here’s what people have to say about the young ages of these pre-debut idols.
- “Why [are] these companies rushing to debut these female idols at [a] young age, it’s not like they have to serve in [the] military”
- “Debuting [an] ’09 liner is so unnecessary kids should be attending schools not Inkigayo how [do] the parents allow this?”
- “There’s no good reason for them to be debuting 13 year olds… Also such a downgrade from BLACKPINK who debuted all as adults”
- “Quite literally ‘baby’ monster 😭”
- “There’s [an] ’09 liner while I started listening to K-Pop in 2009. I can’t explain the emotions I’m feeling rn”
- “I really think YG didn’t plan to put them out this quickly, and this is an attempt to keep his investors happy after news of all the shuffling and artists leaving? It’s really bare bones and unpolished, giving too much room for K-Pop fans to make their own narratives”
- “Am I the only one tired of children debuting? I don’t mind if there’s one or two young members but it’s really boring when almost all members are super young”
While no specific date for BABYMONSTER’s debut has been set yet, it seems to be coming up pretty soon!