Here Is A List Of All BTS’s 23 Guinness World Records, And It Definitely Cements Their Hall Of Fame Status
seems like a day doesn’t go by without BTS breaking some sort of record. From their music, presence on social media, and much more, they have been known to break world records left, right, and center. It was recently announced that BTS had been inducted into the Guinness World Record‘s 2022 Hall Of Fame!
With a whopping 23 World Records across several categories, here is a look at all of them!
1. First K-pop act to reach No.1 on the US albums chart
In June 2018, the group was the first K-Pop artist to achieve a number one album on the American music charts. Their hit album Love Yourself: Tear topped the Billboard charts in May 2018 with the title track “Fake Love.”
2. First K-pop act to reach No.1 on the US Artist 100
On the same day, the group also became the first K-Pop act to reach number one on the Billboard Artist 100 chart, with the same album. These achievements cemented the start of their global legacy as they continued to break down the barriers between music and language.
3. First K-pop group to reach the Top 10 on the US singles chart
Along with the other achievements for BTS with their 2018 album Love Yourself: Tear, the title track “Fake Love” also became the first song from a K-Pop group to reach the top ten in the American singles chart.
4. Highest annual earnings for a K-Pop band (current year)
With all their success and hard work that goes into creating songs for ARMYs, it is no surprise that they had the highest annual earnings for a K-Pop group in 2020. It was estimated that they earned an average of $50 million that year.
5. Most viewers for a music concert live stream on a bespoke platform
During the COVID-19 pandemic, concerts went online, and it allowed global fans to watch their favorite artists online. In 2020, BTS set a number of records with their Bang Bang Con: The Live, where around 756,000 fans worldwide tuned in to watch the show.
6. Most tickets sold for a live-streamed concert (current year)
With that same concert, BTS also broke the record for the number of tickets sold. Unsurprisingly, it was the same as the number of viewers, but 756,000 is an astounding number nevertheless!
7. Most weeks at No.1 on Billboard’s Social 50 chart
Between 2017 and 2020, BTS maintained the number one spot on Billboard’s Social 50 chart, and that was something unheard of at that time. It showcased their growing influence.
8. Most “daesang” (“grand prize”) awards won at the Mnet Asian Music Awards
In 2020, BTS broke the record for most prizes at the Mnet Asian Music Awards as the group picked up an amazing 13 awards across a number of different categories.
9. Best-Selling Album in South Korea
In 2021, the group sold over 4,440,800 units of their album Map of the Soul: 7. With some amazing tracks, it was no surprise that Korea fell in love with it.
10. Most Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards won by a music group
If dominating Korean award shows weren’t enough, they also slayed the US awards by winning five at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards across all their nominations throughout the years. They tied with US group Fifth Harmony.
11. Most weeks on the US Hot 100 by a K-pop track
In 2021, the group spent the most weeks on the US Hot 100 for a K-Pop track with their hit song “Dynamite,” which gained love worldwide.
12. Most weeks at No.1 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart
Similarly, “Dynamite” also spent the most weeks at number one on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales Chart, holding on for 32 weeks.
13. Most streamed act on Spotify (group)
If the other numbers on this list were a lot, in April 2021, they were the most streamed group on Spotify with over 16,300,000,000 streams.
14. Most Twitter engagements (average retweets) for a music group
With an average of 422,228 retweets on Twitter, BTS made history in 2019 by having the most engagements on the site for a music group.
15. Most Twitter engagements (average retweets)
They also took it one step further as, with the same figure, they broke the record for most average retweets from any account on the website with 422,228.
16. Fastest time to reach one million followers on TikTok
In 2019, the group opened a TikTok account and was the fastest account to reach one million followers. It only took three hours and 31 minutes.
#BTS #방탄소년단 #포즈셔터#슈가랑뷔 #진이랑정국이랑알엠 #홉이랑지민 #하트하트
17. Most viewed YouTube video in 24 hours
In 2020, the group gained the most YouTube views in 24 hours with its music video “Dynamite,” which achieved 101,100,000 views.
18. Most followers on Instagram for a music group
In April 2021, the group had the most followers for a music group, with a huge 40,220,226 followers on the social media platform.
19. Most streamed track on Spotify in the first 24 hours
In 2021, “Butter” seemed to earn a huge number of records, which was all down to the work of both BTS and ARMYs. With 11,042,335 streams in the first 24 hours, it broke the record on Spotify.
20. Most viewers for the premiere of a music video on YouTube
It also had the most viewers for a premiere of a music video on YouTube and, as it first aired, over 3,900,000 people were watching.
21. Most viewers for the premiere of a video on YouTube
It also went one step further and, with those views, had the most viewers for a premier of any video on the website.
22. Most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours
In 24 hours, BTS managed to gain a whopping 108,200,000 views for “Butter”, the most viewed music video on the platform.
23. Most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours by a K-pop group
With 108,200,200 views in 24 hours, BTS also had the most viewed K-Pop music video with their track “Butter.”
You can read more about the announcement below.