8 Pop Culture References You Might Not Have Noticed In BTS’s MVs
BTS often draw inspiration from famous literary works for their music, but there are also many intriguing pop culture connections that can be found in their music videos.
1. “FIRE” MV pays homage to the burning scene on the cover of Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here album
2. “First Love” MV (WINGS #4 Short Film) features a poster of Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here on the window Suga breaks.
3. “Blood, Sweat, & Tears” MV has many references to the 2010 thriller Chatroom, including this written reference seen between floors
4. V’s window leap may be paying homage to a similar window leap scene in Chatroom.
5. In Chatroom, there is a sheer curtain that’s almost identical to the sheet that covers V and, like V’s, it symbolizes “tearing the veil”.
6. “Blood, Sweat, & Tears” there is a room with a glass floor and a chair, that strongly resemble the ones in Chatroom.
7. The dark-winged angel statue Jin kisses and fallen angel V may both have been influenced by the angel imagery in Chatroom.
8. Jungkook’s burning bike in “FIRE” MV is a reference to the burning bike scene in the movie Lost River. The words “Lost River” can also be seen in the background behind Jungkook.
BTS Releases 14 New OT7 “ARMY Forever Bangtan Forever 10” Project Photos For Their 10th Anniversary
BTS’s Jin And J-Hope Can’t Stop “Teasing” V During Their Latest “FESTA” Video — Radiating True Chaotic Sibling Energy
International ARMYs Are Having Serious FOMO As BTS’s 10th Anniversary FESTA Event Is Revealed
BTS Jungkook’s Hilarious Impression Of BIGBANG’s G-Dragon Originally Came From Another Boy Group Member