As much as any K-Pop fan loves the music genre, it’s not unusual for people to still have things that bother them a little about the industry! There are all kinds of little “pet peeves” that can mildly annoy a fan, and recently on Reddit, a post was created that allowed netizens to comment on things that are slightly infuriating to them. Here are 9 of the most commonly shared annoyances from the post!
1. The use of the word “shawty” in numerous K-Pop songs.
Hold up shawty 멋부려 white T 더 꾸며
네 생각에 부풀어 달콤해
우린 마치 bubble gum
She say like me 그럼 가자 driving
SNS에 올릴 만한 사진 찍어줄테니 더 가까이 pic.twitter.com/BF76ZzOQOE
— 사라┊sara ␥ (@1ANDKEITA) March 26, 2021
— `버블티세후니♡×0412 (@BUBBLETEAHOLIC) July 24, 2015
— MissCHpk😑 (@MissCHpk) June 14, 2016
2. Overly brightly-dyed/neon hair colors on K-Pop idols that fry scalps.
3. Poorly installed hair extensions on K-Pop idols.
4. Changing the word “boy” to “is” in Red Velvet’s English version of “Bad Boy”.
5. Using the lyrics “zoom zoom good” instead of “zoom zoom zoom” in NMIXX’s “O.O”.
6. The use of confetti cannons and fireworks during performances.