Taeyong, Ten, Jaehyun, Mark, and Doyoung introduced NCT to the world with their 2016 debut song “The 7th Sense”. Despite making waves with the iconic title track that’s still covered by rookie K-Pop idols years later, the unit never made another comeback—until now.
Seven years later, the NCT U unit is back with “Baggy Jeans” and hasn’t forgotten their groundbreaking debut. Here are nine times they referenced “The 7th Sense” for their highly-anticipated comeback.
1. Ten took a trip down memory lane by looking at one of his “The 7th Sense” teaser photos.
2. Giving an update to Mark’s debut teaser photos, the idol recreated the poses for the “Baggy Jeans”.
NCT U #MARK
The 7th Sense Baggy Jeans
(2016) (2023) pic.twitter.com/tAbUBs3Si4
— 흐리🍳 (@markismymusic) August 25, 2023
3. Using a similar set and dark lighting to “The 7th Sense”, the unit showed off similar choreography with a 2023 twist.
4. Standing side by side and looking at the camera for “Baggy Jeans”, the NCT U unit mirrored their “The 7th Sense” concept photo.
the 7th sense baggy jeans pic.twitter.com/QgfGgT4HQU
— 🐝 (@yunotized) August 25, 2023
5. All the way down to the purple lighting, they made sure “The 7th Sense” references weren’t missed.
6. “The 7th Sense” director made a return for “Baggy Jeans”.
Baggy Jeans' music video is directed by VM Project, which also directed the music video for The 7th Sense back in 2016 pic.twitter.com/2VIBYLHrA1
— 링 (@NCTDAOYlNG) August 27, 2023
7. Doyoung brought back Ten’s “The 7th Sense” red scarf and added sparkly jewels.
8. Doyoung recreated his poses from their debut teaser photos for “Baggy Jeans”.
The 7th Sense Baggy Jeans pic.twitter.com/XdSXJOP5Hw
— ㅍㅇ ❀ (@haemjjitokki) August 24, 2023