Single’s Inferno 2 was changed forever when Kim Jin Young joined halfway through the series.
He instantly became the most popular man with the women contestants, but he shocked them all when he showed his true colors in the end. Yet, Jin Young repeatedly proved to be a walking red flag. So, here are 10+ times he proved not to be as great as he seemed…
1. When Jin Young and Yoong Jae laughed over Se Jeong being the “girl crush.”
He had returned after talking to Se Jeong, and when asked if he spoke to her, he referred to her as the “girl crush” instead. Yoong Jae and he laughed about it. The “girl crush” concept in South Korea typically refers to women who are “independent” and attractive to other women. By using this term, the men communicated that rather than seeing Se Jeong as a potential love interest, they saw her more as competition.
2. Every time Jin Young let his date carry her own luggage
Even if he initially offered to carry it, he would always let the woman carry it if she said she was “okay,” although most were clearly struggling. Keep in mind walking up the steps was actually quite difficult to leave Inferno, so carrying the luggage would make it even harder.
3. When he let Seul Ki open the door for him
Seul Ki herself pointed this out later while watching the episode.
4. Jin Young’s tribal tattoo and his explanation for it
Some viewers called out his cultural appropriation as he showed off his tattoo, inspired by Indigenous tribal tattoos, although he claimed it was to represent “warrior” and his military background.
5. When his type is based purely on physical attraction…
Whenever he was asked why he chose a woman, especially Seul Ki, or his ideal type, his answers were purely based on appearance or attraction.
6. The fact that he could never have a conversation with Seul Ki…
Although he continued to pursue Seul Ki, he pointed out they didn’t talk whenever they had one-on-one time together. Yet, they both could talk comfortably with their other love interests.
7. Giving Min Su mixed messages (Trust us and rewatch their second date)
Ahead of their second date in Paradise, he discouraged her from choosing him, giving opportunity for them both to talk to other people. Yet, when she chose him anyway, he “turned her down” once and for all by saying that he was so comfortable with her and time goes by so quickly when they’re together, but that he was concerned he was “too comfortable” with her.
8. When Jin Young was shocked (and amused) that Se Jun picked So E
Lee So E was originally rejected by Yoong Jae and never had been chosen by anyone as a potential love interest until Kim Se Jun arrived. Rather than be happy for her, he was shocked that she was chosen and even laughed about Se Jun’s choice…
9. When he and Yoong Jae teamed up against Jong Woo
Similarly, Jong Woo had never gone to Paradise. Despite Jin Young continually expressing that he was tired of going, he and Yoong Jae (who had also already gone) teamed up against Jong Woo so that he couldn’t go with Seul Ki.
10. When Jin Young lead Nadine on, making her think he wanted to take her to Paradise, only to reveal he wanted to go with Seul Ki (again)…
Time and time again, he communicated to Nadine that he liked her and wanted to take her to Paradise. Yet, he expressed not only to Seul Ki later on but even to Nadine that Seul Ki was his first choice.
11. Yet, he gave Seul Ki mixed signals on the last day in Inferno.
Despite continually pursuing Seul Ki, he told her on the last day that he hadn’t decided if he would pick her in the end.
12. When Jin Young asked this inappropriate question to Seul Ki in front of everyone, including Jong Woo
After Jong Woo asked Jin Young if they fought against each other in the men’s competition for the “same reason,” he attempted to embarrass both Jong Woo (and Seul Ki) by asking this question…
13. When he stood next to Min Su, thanked her, and told her, “Let’s talk more when we leave Inferno,” only to reject her for another woman…
Jin Young gave mixed messages to Min Su until the very last moment.
14. When Jin Young fooled literally everyone by standing next to Nadine at the end only to reject her for Seul Ki…
Jin Young stood next to not only Min Su before rejecting her but also Nadine, making the panelists, viewers, and fellow contestants think he had picked her rather than Seul Ki.
15. Lastly, his YouTube channel…
While Jin Young claimed he started content creation for his military interests, his channel is quite different.
I’m actually dying inside, he’s the one having y’all ladies in a chokehold 😂🥲🧎🏻♀️ #jinyoung #singlesinferno #singlesinferno2 #netflix #nadine #seulki #sejeong #youtube #gamer #fyp #singlesinfernonetflix