The Weverse app is a great way for fans to chat directly with idol groups like BTS and SEVENTEEN. Unfortunately, the app’s auto-translation service has a habit of going haywire. Here are 20 of its wildest mistranslations!
1. This extremely NSFW attack on SEVENTEEN’s Seungkwan
2. BTS Jin’s next level nonsense
3. ENGENE should do what, Jungwon?
4. So does Weverse, apparently…
5. GFRIEND Umji’s slap of savagery
6. BTS Suga’s TMI announcement
7. SEVENTEEN’s Hoshi agrees…?
8. Welcome to Smug Lakes, the place where “Butter” loves you back.
9. Hey. Did you know that riots can be cute?
10. The shark attack that never happened
11. A what kind of manager?
12. Way too much information about BTS J-Hope’s “brother”
13. Let’s do what now, V?
It feels necessary to follow up mistranslation with this ever-appropriate meme:
14. Weverse.exe has stopped working and shows no signs of restarting.
15. When Weverse decided to redefine DK’s position in SEVENTEEN:
16. That seems a bit extreme…
17. From “Namjooning” to:
18. ARMY: “I really love you. What should I do?”
19. Why does this keep happening to Hoshi?
Who is Alexander Scott? The people need answers.