CJ E&M and BigHit Entertainment are coming together to discover more K-Pop idol groups that can be as successful as BTS. CJ E&M claimed, “Both parties involved have agreed to founding an entertainment agency together.”
“There are steps to be taken to actually establish the agency, but it’s definitely in the works.”
— CJ E&M
Reports have shared that CJ E&M will have 51% share and BigHit Entertainment, 49%. The two aim to kick off the new co-op entertainment agency by August 2018.
Mainly, the two entertainment giants have come together to further their searches for fresh talent. With CJE&M’s successful productions like Produce 101 and Superstar K, and with BigHit Entertainment’s know-how of managing global superstars like BTS, the upcoming new agency will likely focus on discovering the “next BTS”.
Koreans aren’t too welcoming of the idea though. BTS fans worry BigHit Entertainment’s focus will shift and ultimately harm the boy group’s reputation. Some others aren’t too trusting of CJE&M’s tactics.
- “I don’t know… I’ve never seen any of the “next whatevers” do that well. Like how a sequel never wins.”
- “Does Big Hit Entertainment think BTS succeeded because of its managing skills…?”
- “But CJ ENM ruins everything… With them in the pictures, Big Hit Entertainment is going to produce mediocre idols now.”
- “Can they just stop.”
- “Big Hit? Hi. Yeah, can we just focus on BTS? I mean, aren’t your hands already pretty full managing the global superstar boy group?”
- “I knew CJ ENM and Big Hit Entertainment have something going on.”
More details for the new agency is expected to follow.