Rapper BIG Naughty (also known as Seo Donghyun) apologized after being criticized for kissing a woman before his performance.
On June 7, the rapper, through a livestream, apologized to fans after being criticized for kissing his alleged girlfriend prior to his performance at a recent festival.
I think I acted carelessly at the Tone And Music Festival. I am sorry.
— BIG Naughty
The rapper further denied allegations that he took his career as a musician lightly and stated that his actions didn’t reflect what he thought of his profession as an artist.
I have never taken my work lightly. Not even once. There is a difference in my actions and my thoughts. It might not please you, but I did it (kissed her) due to my shortcomings. I will live my life while being thankful for the people holding concerts and for those who come to them. I am telling you this because it would be cowardly of me not to say anything.
— BIG Naughty
Previously, the rapper was seen kissing his girlfriend before his performance.
— fox (@yutanana2016) June 4, 2023
Netizens have since criticized the artist for the kiss. Many felt the rapper should be more professional.
- “You have live diligently. Everything (popularity) can be gone in a second.”
- “Is he the best rapper? Or is he freaking amazing at writing songs?”
- “He did that in front of Sanulim’s Kim Chang Wan? That’s his sunbae. Is he famous or something?”
- “He must really love his girlfriend, LOL.”
- “I think rather than being careless, he lacks fundamental (manners). Is he treating a paid performance like a joke or what?”
- “He’s young and hasn’t been in the industry for long, but he won’t be around much longer if he acts like this. Grow up.”
Meanwhile, BIG Naughty is a Highr Music artist who first gained popularity through his appearance on season 8 of Show Me The Money. The rapper released his debut project, Bucket List, in 2019.
What are your thoughts?