Netizens reacted to YG Entertainment‘s announcement, revealing that BLACKPINK‘s Jennie will be making a solo comeback.
On October 4, YG Entertainment revealed that Jennie will return with “You & Me.” The song, which was previously performed by the idol during BLACKPINK’s BORN PINK tour, will now be officially released.
The news comes at a precarious time for BLACKPINK fans, as the members of the group have yet to sign with YG Entertainment.
Previously, it was reported that Rosé would be the only BLACKPINK member to renew her contract. The news was then immediately followed up by another report stating that Jennie and Jisoo would be setting up one-man agencies for their solo promotions.
Netizens reacted to the news and the poster, with many stating that they had been anticipating the song’s release.
- “I think the poster is fine. I wonder if this is her last release before leaving YG Entertainment.”
- “I wish they released a music video for this song. Jennie is the best as an idol.”
- “I can’t believe they announced this two days before the release… Still, I’m glad that they are finally releasing the song.”
- “It’s finally coming out… I waited for a year…”
- “Is she renewing?”
- “Finally, it’s coming out. I love it.”
- “I thought she would be renewing, but it seems she has already left…”
- “Is this a digital single? Is this her saying goodbye?”
- “The quality is amazing… You can tell that they didn’t care at all.”
- “I guess she’s leaving YG.”
What are your thoughts?