BLACKPINK’s Jisoo Becomes The Target Of Unwarranted Hate Comments — All Because Of Her Phone
It is common knowledge that celebrities advertise different products throughout their career, as this becomes one of their means of income. With that said, global girl group BLACKPINK has quickly gone on to become one of the biggest endorsement models in the world. Whatever they touch becomes gold with the power they hold.
But it may be because of this very reason that member Jisoo has recently become the target of surprising backlash for something out of the blue.
All the BLACKPINK member did was upload a recent selfie of herself onto her Instagram page. With her hair up in a ponytail and one side of her face showing, Jisoo shared the photo with the caption, “wow, I barely changed it. New phone, cute case.”
And while this post was originally meant to update her followers on her current life, some netizens began to hound Jisoo with endless unwarranted hate — all because she changed her phone to an iPhone.
The girl group was famously known for being a previous endorsement model for Samsung and the brand’s A80 Galaxy phone. Despite their contract with Samsung ending back in August 2020, however, it seems that some netizens still had a problem with Jisoo and her sudden change to an Apple iPhone.
As soon as Jisoo’s recent selfie went live, the comment section began to fill with hate comments regarding her lack of “loyalty” to Samsung.
- “She has no freaking loyalty…so f*cking filthy.”
- “Jisoo-sshi, I used to be a fan but this changed my perspective. They gave you money and an app. Also, they’re a brand that is keeping South Korea up and running. So with that said, was all of this necessary? I was looking forward to ‘Snowdrop’ with high anticipation to watch pretty Jisoo-sshi. However, I find myself getting disappointed over something like this. I think I find Samsung, the brand that’s keeping South Korea alive, more precious than you Jisoo.”
- “ㅋ Samsung will never use BLACKPINK ever again ㅋ”
- “What you mean you barely changed it…you should have picked your words carefully while thinking about your future potential endorsement deals..”
The hateful comments become confusing, however, when you consider Jisoo’s numerous other selfies that she has previously taken while using an iPhone. In addition to that, she is not the only BLACKPINK member to do so. Members Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa have all used an iPhone before as well, both during and after their Samsung contract concluded.
Which may be the exact reason why BLACKPINK fans have been confused with the ongoing hatred towards Jisoo.
- “Are they still under contract with Samsung? If not, what’s the big deal.”
- “Wow, they’re so creepy.”
- “Wow, so just because they’re in a contract with Samsung means they can’t take a selfie on an iPhone??”
- “Why are they like that.”
- “Is this what an inferiority complex looks like.”
- “Their contract ended ages ago so why are they being like this. There are way too many weirdos out in the world. YG, you guys need to start suing.”
- “Why do they care so much about what phone others are using.”
While the sudden outpour of malicious comments is confusing, we hope that the BLACKPINK member remains strong through it all.
In related news, Jisoo’s upcoming K-Drama Snowdrop is set to premiere sometime in December 2021 so be on the lookout for that.
The Secrets To How BLACKPINK Maintain Their Hairstyles, According To Their Hairstylist
BLACKPINK’s Jennie Rumored To Make Her Marvel Debut In Future MCU Project
BLACKPINK Jennie’s Outfit In “The Idol” Becomes A Hot Topic — Here Are The Juicy Details
20+ Low Quality Phone Pictures Of BLACKPINK’s Jennie That Prove How Naturally Beautiful She Is IRL