On September 27, BTS‘s J-Hope released “Chicken Noodle Soup”, a trilingual collaboration with Becky G. The song has been well-received and its popularity is climbing higher each day. Here are the records and achievements “Chicken Noodle Soup” as scored so far.
1. Most-Streamed track on Spotify by a Korean soloist during its first day
J-Hope is one of only two Korean soloists to ever achieve this. The other is PSY with his 2012 hit, “Gangnam Style”.
2. Most-viewed music video in its first 24 hours
“Chicken Noodle Soup” MV has become the most-viewed in its first 24 hours, since YouTube made changes to their policy. The MV racked up 21.7 million views in its first day!
3. Most-viewed music video in 24 hours by a K-Pop Soloist since PSY’s “Gentleman”
“Chicken Noodle Soup” broke yet another record set by PSY, on YouTube.
4. First Korean soloist to chart at #1 in the United Kingdom
5. Korean soloist with the most #1 songs on iTunes
As of the day of “Chicken Noodle Soup’s” release, J-Hope had a total of 71 #1s on iTunes.
6. In 64 hours and 6 minutes, “Chicken Noodle Soup” MV surpassed 40M views on YouTube
In less than three days, J-Hope has racked up an incredible number of views that just keep going up!