Mnet‘s Street Man Fighter is once again under fire, with fans criticizing the show’s judges, 2PM‘s Wooyoung, BoA, and Super Junior‘s Eunhyuk.
The controversy stems from the battle between crews Bank Two Brothers and Prime Kings. The battle consisted of five rounds. The first round was a head-to-head battle of the crews’ aces, the second round was a duet battle, the third round was a leaders battle, the fourth round was a crew battle, and the fifth round was a battle between the maknaes or the youngest dancer in each crew. The battle was very important as the losing crew would be eliminated.
Despite winning the first round, Prime Kingz lost the battle, making the crew the first to be eliminated.
Fans, however, were not happy with the judges’ decisions, especially in the battle between Prime Kingz’s Trix and Bank Two Brothers’ J ROC.
During the battle, fans felt that Trix had won their battle decisively, but all three judges forfeited their votes, paving the way for the decisive second round where J ROC won, helping his crew to victory.
Fans criticized the judges, with BoA receiving the brunt of the fans’ ire. Fans pointed out that Trix is a world-renowned battler, who has won international battles against some of the best dancers in the world, and that it doesn’t make sense for him to be judged by three idols.
- “A world-class dancer showed his world-class battling skills but was eliminated by three idols. I can’t bear the irony.”
- “This quote below is the answer. ‘The battle shouldn’t have gone to a second round.'”
- “I feel for Trix. The whole nation lost their mind when he lost.”
- “How does a judge who forfeits his vote have the gall to ask, ‘How did you do that?'”
- “I was so mad seeing BoA pander to Prime Kingz when she’s the one who eliminated them.”
- “Does BoA need to be a judge? She should know herself that she isn’t qualified.”
- “Can’t they bring in a professional judge for the elimination battles?”
- “Did they forfeit their votes because they wanted to see them battle?”
What are your thoughts?