Crayon Pop’s “Get Dumb” becomes popular in Mexico, hits #2 on iTunes charts
Crayon Pop has recently collaborated with Mexican boy-band CD9 for a track called “Get Dumb“.
“Get Dumb” is an upbeat song with a very addictive melody. While it is slightly different from Crayon Pop’s usual music style, it is definitely a great song, which was proven by the fact that it even hits #2 on iTunes charts in Mexico – quite a feat for a K-pop group.
Crayon Pop’s success also demonstrated the fact that K-pop has become indeed a worldwide phenomenon, even taking over Latin America. This girl group had initially become viral with their hit song “Bar Bar Bar”.
If you haven’t listened to “Get Dumb”, take a listen to it below:
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
1. [+1,153, -48] Why haven’t we been seeing them in Korea anymore?
2. [+705, -80] I still remember how popular they were with ‘Bar Bar Bar’… anyway, congratulations~~
3. [+503, -21] It’s been a while since I heard the name Crayon Pop ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+380, -26] Can’t believe ‘Bar Bar Bar’ was already 3 years ago…
5. [+64, -7] Nothing wrong with doing well overseas if it wasn’t working out for them in Korea, we’re all trying to make money in the end anyway..
6. [+46, -4] I heard they’re having a comeback but they’re going to need something stronger than ‘Bar Bar Bar’ for it to be successful since there are so many other more popular groups now
7. [+53, -8] ‘Bar Bar Bar’ was so crazy popular… but that was already 3 years ago, time sure flies fast..
8. [+34, -5] You can’t deny that they created a syndrome with ‘Bar Bar Bar’, just that it didn’t last that long…
Source: Sports Donga via Naver