EPEX‘s label C9 Entertainment directly called out an anti-fan for spreading misinformation.
On July 6, a now-deleted Twitter account alleged that EPEX member Wish had been dating a woman for years. In their now-deleted tweet, the Twitter user uploaded a photo of the idol with a woman.
Did you like dating behind fans’ backs these past years? LOL. I guess this is why you haven’t told said you loved me in a while.
While unfounded dating allegations are nothing new in K-Pop, EPEX’s label, C9 Entertainment, took an unprecedented step to ensure the misinformation doesn’t spread.
Not long after the now-deleted tweet was posted, C9 Entertainment called out the account, revealing that the woman in the picture was Wish’s sister, and vowed it would take legal action against the account.
[허위사실에 의한 명예훼손 고소 관련 공지]
2023년 7월 6일 새벽 2시 28분경 트위터 아이디 “witqtozdi”이 EPEX(이펙스) 멤버 위시와 관련된 허위 내용의 글을 게시하였습니다.
해당 글에 첨부된 사진의 여성은 위시의 친 누나이며, 당사는 이와 관련된 증거자료를 확보하여 민형사상 법적 대응을…
— EPEX Official (@the_EPEX) July 5, 2023
On July 6, 2023, Twitter account “witqtozdi” uploaded defamatory misinformation about EPEX member Wish.
The woman in the post is Wish’s older sister, and we have obtained the post as evidence and will pursue civil and criminal charges.
The aforementioned post is clearly misinformation, and because it is a malicious act using the member’s family, we will take strong legal action without settlement.
We will update you on the legal case and its result.
— C9 Entertainment
Netizens praised the label for its quick and efficient handling of the malicious post.
- “LOL. That psycho is crying about him not saying he loves them, f@ck. LOL.”
- “I can’t believe labels now have to release official statements regarding troll accounts. There are so many weird accounts, and you’ll be surprised at how many people believe what they write.”
- “His older sister, LOL.”
- “The label did a great job. I feel bad for the employee who had to work in the middle of the night because of that weirdo, ㅠㅠ.”
- “The statement is so refreshing. I wish my idols’ label would do this too.”
- “You can’t ignore something like this because it is a troll account. You have to respond quickly because it involves a family member.”
- “Those psychos, LOL. The label did a great job.”
- “Wow, they did something like this with his older sister? Isn’t this too much? Idols are humans too. The label did a great job.”
- “I hate when fans obsess over idols saying ‘I love you.'”
Meanwhile, EPEX is an eight-member group that debuted in 2021. The group consists of members Wish, Keum, Mu, A-min, Baekseung, Ayden, Yewang and Jeff. Check out their song “Hymn To Love” below.