As EXO-M‘s Lay held a solo performance at the 4th Gaon K-Pop Chart Awards, fans did not recognize the vocalist’s self-composed song and started to cheer Kai’s name instead of Lay’s.
During the event, fans initially shouted out the incorrect name by cheering for Kai, but later realized their mistake and started to chant Lay’s name.
After the mistake took place, fans expressed their upset emotions on various social networking sites where they also imagined the situation as if Sehun was performing rather than Lay. “There would have been a blood storm,” and “Thank god Xing’s fans are nice, and they’re just letting this go,” said fans.
In another post, a fan said, “[If they shouted Kai’s name throughout the whole performance] the entire fandom would have been shamed, and there would have been harsh posts online about how EXO-M is disrespectful and have no manners,” while another fan said, “I feel so sad, it was bad enough that Minsuk is sick, but now this.”
Meanwhile, the 4th Gaon K-Pop Chart Awards was held on January 28th where Super Junior‘s Leeteuk and Girl’s Day‘s Hyeri were the MCs for the night.
Several of these posts have been translated below:
Can you imagine if it were Sehun…
There would have been a blood storm.
Thank god Xing’s fans are nice and they’re just letting this go.
If you had shouted Lay’s name during Kai’s stage 100%
The entire fandom would have been shamed and their would have been severe posts online about how EXO-M is disrespectful and have no manners.
1. For real, Xing’s fans are buddhas
2. Kai’s fans would not have let it go, they would upload the video and have them criticized everywhere.
3. I feel really sorry about what happened at Gaon charts. It wasn’t on purpose but I realize how bad Lay and his fans feel. But you all know we weren’t trying to make Lay look bad and it wasn’t the fault of EXO-L in general, so let’s stop taking sides and I’m sorry.
I’m going to cry..
I feel so sad..It was bad enough that Minsuk is sick but now this..
I still remember when he was being shy and said that he hopes fans will scream louder when he comes on stage that he feels like he’s the least popular of the group. I feel like we just put a stake through his heart..
1. I’m shocked that so many people didn’t know Xing’s solo. I’m appalled that they were trying to make excuses for themselves even before they apologized. The people that were at Gaon need to apologize to Xing all their life.
2. I love you!!!!!!!!! I love you Xing…
3. Why…why does he think he’s the least popular.