Fans Are Celebrating The News Of Mijoo’s Upcoming Solo Debut, And Praising Antenna
On May 25, JTBC announced that former Lovelyz member Mijoo would be making her solo debut this summer.
According to JTBC, Mijoo is preparing for her solo debut for a late-July or August release.
It has been reported that Antenna‘s CEO and veteran hit-maker Yoo Hee Yeol will be directly involved in the production.
Antenna’s captain Yoo Hee Yeol is directly working on an album for Mijoo. They are working on music that evokes a side of Mijoo that is different from her image with Lovelyz.
Fans, especially, are celebrating the news as it is well-known by fans how much Mijoo missed singing after Lovelyz disbandment. Mijoo has previously stated a solo debut was her dream.
Netizens also praised Antenna for seeing potential in Mijoo. Many fans expressed their anticipation what type of music Antenna, whose roster is full of well-respected musicians such as Lucid Fall, Lee Jin Ah,and Kwon Jin Ah, would make with Mijoo.
- 14. Antenna is doing for her what Woollim wouldn’t.
- 15. Oh Oh, it’s exciting [sic].
- 16. Mijoo fighting [sic].
- 17. Good for you! I’ll be waiting.
- 18. Oh! Mijoo sings so well. Anticipating [sic].
- 19. Mijoo fighting[sic] !!!
- 20. Refreshingcutiesexysummersong [sic] let’s go!
- 21. Mijoo fighting[sic] !!!
- 22. Wow, finally ㅠㅠ
- 23. I think she made a really good choice by signing with Antenna.
- 24. I’ll be waiting!!!
Mijoo has become a fan favorite ever since Lovelyz disbandment. The idol has been a revelation on variety programs for her wit and honesty. By signing with Antenna, Mijoo has aligned herself with one of the most respected musicians in Yoo Hee Yeol and Korea’s most beloved comedian in Yoo Jae Suk.