Earlier today, (G)I-DLE released the first music video teaser for their upcoming album, I Love, and title track “NXDE”.
As was expected from their already epic teaser photos that they’ve released up until now, the short but impactful video was nothing short of the genius that (G)I-DLE is known for with their music!
Reactions to the teaser on the group’s official Twitter show just how excited fans are for what seems to be a mature, burlesque-themed concept.
He’s Jonathan he is turning 190 years old just like the number of PAKS y’all are gonna get on the first day pic.twitter.com/4xfaf8WnmI
— ᥫ᭡🗞️Lava 🦁🍒 (@soyeoned) October 14, 2022
i love how this doesn’t give out a lot about the song, just making me want more
— may◡̈ (@haodle) October 14, 2022
after seeing this video, i felt so motivated. it changed my whole life, now i’m a successfull person. i got 10 olympic gold medals, 6 oscars. next year i’m planning to buy moon. it’s all happened because of you. thank you so much.
— ᥫ᭡ || #I_LOVE GIDLE (@wookieoogie) October 14, 2022
I’m in love with the way Soyeon is using “nude” to describe a raw version of ourselves. I’ll forever love how much she play along the literal meaning of things and turn it into a more meaningful and broad concept. Amazing job, can’t wait!
— nevie (@sooyushu) October 14, 2022
i am addicted with this 10 second mv teaser wth PLS MY HEART AAAAAAAA
— LCY 🦋 ᥫ᭡ #NXDE #HUSHRUSH #WE_FRESH (@bisssshie) October 14, 2022
A post was even made on an online forum just for fans to share their opinions on the teaser, and the Korean netizens in the comments couldn’t keep their admiration to themselves.
- “They’re freaking geniuses ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “They’re concept geniuses, it’s not too outside the box but you can see that they’re able to execute the concepts with a lot of prowess”
- “Seriously Jeon Soyeon is a crazy genius… The moment she lets her skills out there, she’s f*cking amazing “
- “Oh this was too short but so impactful..”
- “I didn’t know they’d have something even more legendary… They’re seriously daebak”
International comments on a similar forum had the same sort of reaction to the teaser as well!
- “I thought they cannot top latata, then lion came. Thought lion was their peak, but tomboy came. Thought tomboy was their last hit, but now i’m worried they would ‘disappoint’ me again this time, in a good way lol. This group is so entertaining to watch, so much expectations yet they always exceed what people would expect”
- “soyeon is a genius you like her or not”
- “their concepts are amazing”
- “Natural queens behavior”
- “this teaser was abrupt but I’m ready for some burlesque theatrics from Gidle”
I Love is set to release on October 17, and we can’t wait to see what (G)I-DLE has in store for us!