Rookie Girl Group Accused Of Plagiarizing Oh My Girl’s Choreography
A fan of Oh My Girl pointed out that a rookie girl group’s choreography was very similar to a dance in Oh My Girl’s ‘Secret Garden’ performance.
The rookie girl group in question was FAVORITE. During the dance for their latest song, ‘Loca’, they incorporated a similar routine.
The OP accused FAVORITE’s agency of plagiarizing Oh My Girl’s dance. They claimed that the similarity was especially insulting as it belonged to a song that held a special meaning between Oh My Girl and their fans. ‘Secret Garden’ was the group’s first win.
“‘Secret Garden’ was the song that gave Oh My Girl their first win and raised their popularity. It’s a very special song to the fans.
I called and complained about this to the agency, and perhaps it’s because the fandom is pretty weak, but Astory Entertainment isn’t giving out any explanation. The fandom is forgetting about it too..
FAVORITE isn’t at fault. I want Astory to explain themselves.”
— OP Fan
The OP even began a hashtag project to bring more awareness to the accusation.
Some netizens claimed it did seem as if FAVORITE plagiarized Oh My Girl’s choreography.
- “It looks exactly the same in the photos”
- “The GIFs prove they’re very similar”
- “But it really looks the same ㅠㅠ”
- “This type of dance is common…? In what way…?????”
- “It’s exactly the same ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
While another group of fans claimed it was such a common dance move that they don’t think it is a problem.
- “But isn’t that dance very common..?”
- “It might be very similar because they used the same choreographer”
- “If you say that they plagiarized, you need to consider the fan dance. Don’t just compare them two. Prove that Oh My Girl came up with the dance first”
- “That dance is too common.. I’m not a fan but I do like Oh My Girl, and writing these types of posts will only gain haters for the group..”
- “It just looks like a traditional dance. You called and demanded FAVORITE’s agency to change the dance with just this?”
Take a look at the two dances yourself: