In the past, idol rivalry was one of the biggest elements of the industry. However, netizens are claiming that the days of top groups being bitter rivals are long gone.
From Shinhwa and g.o.d to Girls’ Generation and Wonder Girls, past rivalries have elevated groups into stardom, and recruited super fans along the way. However, netizens are pointing out that there are no more rivalries that can compare to past feuds. Although some have suggested that rivalries were integral into launching groups to their current state of popularity, others have found more positive consequences from the lack of rivalry.
S.E.S and Fin.K.L
H.O.T and Sechs Kies
Shinhwa and g.o.d
TVXQ, Super Junior, and SS501
Jewelry and Brown Eyed Girls
Seeya and The Grace
Girls’ Generation and
2PM, SHINee, BEAST, and MBLAQ
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- These days reporters kind of try to force rivalry on groups while fans want them to get along
- There is a little bit but not as much as back then
- That’s because there are so many groups and fans are all spread out
- It feels like everyone loves idols as a whole
- We want them to be friends now!
- I remember WG vs SNSD I was in elementary school back then.