IVE’s Jang Wonyoung Is Criticized For A Past Interaction With Fellow Member Leeseo
IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung is being criticized by some fans after a past interaction with her member Leeseo has gone viral.
In a past live session with fans, a fan asked if Leeseo was wearing the sweater Jang Wonyoung had worn during a recording session at the studio. Jang Wonyoung then asks Leeseo if this is true.
This looks like the sweater I wore to the recording studio. Did you buy this?
— Jang Wonyoung
Leeseo, who is taken aback at the situation, says that this sweater belongs to member Rei.
This is Rei unnie’s.
Despite Leeseo saying this, Jang Wonyoung asks Ahn Yujin to check her tags to make sure. Ahn Yujin checks the brands and says that they are different, to which Jang Wonyoung replies.
Ah, I see that it isn’t.
— Jang Wonyoung
Netizens expressed their concerns with the interaction, stating that Jang Wonyoung should have believed Leeseo when she said that the sweater wasn’t hers. While others felt sorry for Leeseo, who they said must have been uncomfortable with the situation.
- “Rei could have been disappointed that they insisted on checking even when she said it wasn’t hers.”
- “How can you say that it’s okay? Look at Leeseo’s face and say that.”
- “This is so rude, no? If someone checked my tags even if I said it wasn’t theirs, I would be so taken aback.”
- “Doing that in front of the camera seems a little malicious. If I was Leeseo, I would have cried after the cameras were off.”
- “Leeseo must have been so embarrassed in front of the camera.”
- “I think checking the tags is fine, but she shouldn’t have done that in front of the camera.”
- “Why is she doing that? She should have just moved on. Why did she have to check the tags? Isn’t Leeseo her dongseng? Doing that to her dongseng is a really bad look.”
What do you think?