Recently, 1,295 Japanese women were asked to share which K-Pop idol they most wanted to marry, and the results were both predictable and surprising. From second-generation K-Pop legends to younger third-generation idols, there’s no denying that these women have bad taste, based on the top ten results of the survey.
Taeyong, leader of NCT, came in tenth place. He’s also the most recently-debuted idol on the list, and has been praised for his anime boy-like visuals, so it’s no surprise that he has Japanese women swooning!
Taemin of SHINee came in ninth on the poll, despite his ongoing military service and lack of social media presence because of it. It just goes to show that his popularity in Japan isn’t going down anytime soon!
Jin is one of several BTS members to make it onto the list, which isn’t surprising given their worldwide popularity! The “Worldwide Handsome” member came in at eighth place.
BTOB member Sungjae is one of the earliest-debuting K-Pop idols to make it into the top ten of the poll, placing seventh overall! BTOB was very popular in Japan during years past, and it seems the love for Sungjae in particular hasn’t faded.
Minho is the second of two SHINee members to make it into the top ten of the poll! This handsome visual ranked at sixth place, showing that his good looks aren’t just appreciated by Korean netizens.
Jimin is another BTS member to make the list, ranking fifth overall. The beloved K-Pop idol has been topping the Korean Business Research Institute’s monthly brand reputation ranking for years now, and it seems that popularity spreads to Japan as well!
Eunwoo of ASTRO has made a name for himself both as an idol and an actor, not to mention his incredible visuals. He placed fourth in the poll, and we can certainly see why!
V is the second-to-last BTS member that made it into the top ten, placing third overall out of the nominees. His beauty, talent, and infectious charisma are impossible not to love, no matter where you are in the world!
Finally, BTS’s golden maknae Jungkook placed the highest out of the members in the poll, coming in second overall. As arguably the most popular K-Pop idol worldwide right now, his inclusion on this list was definitely expected!
Finally, and perhaps surprisingly, Jaejoong of legendary K-Pop group JYJ ranked first on the poll. The handsome idol has been in the industry since 2003, and despite the many years he’s been an idol, it seems his popularity in Japan won’t be going away anytime soon!
Here’s a visual graphic of the results of the poll.
Netizens had a lot to say about the results!
- “In the article of the survey, people answered the reason for their pickㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the women said “I think that Jaejoong is a national treasure” and “I like Jungkook so much that he’s depriving me of my vocabulary”ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think that she meant that he’s making her speechlessㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Of course Jungkook made itㅋㅋㅋㅋ but he looks too much like a baby to me. As a grandma, I’m sorry”
- “All these idols are handsome but I don’t think that this is a ranking of handsomeness. They probably ranked high because they have those strong features that Japanese people like and they are super popular too”
- “Japanese people are really sincere about visualsㅎㅎ Stan attractors are more popular in our country and the idols who are good at work and who are cute are the most popular butㅋㅋㅋㅋ Japan are obsessed with handsomeness”
- “Their tastes really don’t change. They are more devoted to visuals than anyone else”
The placement of Jaejoong in first was particularly interesting to a lot of people, it seems.
- “Jaejoong an artist debuting in 2003 with idols who’ve debuted in 2013 and 2016 and on the TOP of the list, his longevity is just insane”
- “They will never let go of Jaejoong 💃”
- “Jaejoong is the best kpop visual + he is good singer & all rounder”
- “Jaejoong is seriously legendary at this point”
- “There will never be another visual like Jaejoong, he’s also a great vocalist. The blueprint tbh”
Do you agree with the choices made for this poll?