While it’s not as common these days, it used to be standard practice for K-Pop artists to have an official color (or colors) to represent them. For example, SEVENTEEN has the beautiful duo of Rose Quartz and Serenity to represent them, while (G)I-DLE has the bold shades of Neon Red and Chic Violet.
Official colors can be used for a variety of things, such as marketing, merch, and other forms of promotion and branding. And even though many groups that have debuted within the last year or two don’t have official colors, LE SSERAFIM has just recently announced theirs!
On January 1, their label Source Music made a post on Weverse to share the news. The color, Pantone 7453C, is also called “FEARLESS BLUE,” which perfectly suits LE SSERAFIM’s overall concept and theme.
The color is meant to represent the “highest temperature of a star,” and is a slightly pastel shade of cerulean that would look stunning on any of LE SSERAFIM’s members.
Even the number of the Pantone color, 7453, has a meaning that suits the group’s concept!
You can read Source Music’s full announcement below.
It’s Source Music.
We want to announce to the FEARNOTs their official color, called FEARLESS BLUE.
The ‘FEARLESS BLUE’ color represents the highest temperature of a star. It encompasses the aloof yet passionate specialty of LE SSERAFIM and FEARNOTs, who continue forward without fear.
We want to sincerely thank all FEARNOTs for endlessly supporting LE SSERAFIM, and ask for much love for our future with ‘FEARLESS BLUE.’
— Source Music
Overall, fans are loving the official color choice for LE SSERAFIM on social media!
- “I like blue tones, this is even better”
- “As expected, it’s true that Fearless is blue”
- “Oh the color is pretty”
- “Nobody uses official colors anymore lately so I’m actually more excited to see people announcing official colors nowㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Oh the meaning is nice”
- “It feels like nobody uses official colors anymore… The color is pretty”
- “This reminds me of Blue Flame too”
- “Blue is my fave color and I’m biased towards anything blue and LE SSERAFIM isn’t an exception 😊”
- “It suits them so well! I can’t wait to see their design for the light sticks. It’s gonna look so pretty with this shade of blue. I love it.”
- “A color that appears soft, but really is the highest temperature for burning, and numerology that means ambition, strength, and courage… I didn’t think it suited them at first, but the more I look at it, I realize that it’s perfect”
How do you feel about the girl group’s representative color?