Netflix’s Rumored Upcoming “Teen-Romance” Drama Is Already Facing Backlash For Allegedly Having “Unprecedented” Levels Of Nudity
Netflix‘s upcoming K-Drama Hierarchy (Korean title) is already facing criticism for allegedly having NSFW scenes.
On March 9, a post on an online community titled “The Drama Premise That I Am Currently Worried About” went viral.
In the post, the author writes about her concerns about the upcoming K-Drama Hierarchy.
It’s a high-teen romance drama, but in articles, they state that there will be unprecedented levels of nudity. The drama is currently considering coming out on Netflix, and actors Lee Chae Min, Roh Jeong Eui, and Ji Hye Won have been reportedly cast.
— Author of post
Hierarchy centers around students who attend an elite high school and their relationships, emotional connections, and scandals. In press releases, the drama has promoted the fact that there would be NSFW scenes, which include high levels of nudity.
Currently, the lineup for the drama reportedly includes actors Roh Jeong Eui and Lee Chae Min.
Top Trends Roh Jeong Eui And Lee Chae Min In Line To Star In New “Ultra-Elite High School” K-Drama
Netizens criticized the show, stating it wasn’t in line with Korea’s customs and social norms. Many other netizens accused the drama of copying similar western dramas like Euphoria and Gossip Girl.
- “It is such a departure from the realities of (schools in) our country. (Dramas about) elite schools like Euphoria and Gossip Girl only work with western schools.”
- “It doesn’t agree with Korea’s customs and social norms.”
- “I wanted to see Lee Chae Min and Roh Jeong Ui, ㅠㅠ. It’s problematic that Netflix likes provocative dramas so much, ㅜㅜ. I’m really hoping for a good drama.”
- “Copying Euphoria.”
- “There is no need for nudity… So why?”
- “What (are they doing) in a country that doesn’t even teach sex-ed correctly?”
- “What (are they doing) with our country’s High Schoolers?… Plus, if they really were in the 0.01%, the students would be attending school abroad.”
- “I don’t think this will go over well with Korean audiences…”
- “Nudity in a High School drama? What are they doing?”
What are your thoughts?