Netizens Criticize YG Entertainment’s Announcement Stating That BABYMONSTER Will Not Debut As A Seven-Member Group
Netizens are critical of YG Entertainment‘s decision to potentially drop one or more of the seven candidates to debut as part of its upcoming girl group, BABYMONSTER.
Until now, YG Entertainment had teased the group as a seven-member group. The label would even reveal individual teasers for each of its seven candidates, Ruka, Pharita, Rora, Asa, Chiquita, Ahyeon, and Haram.
Fans were, therefore, shocked when YG Entertainment released its latest teaser titled “Last Evaluation.” In the teaser, YG Entertainment’s founder Yang Hyun Suk reveals that the group would not be a seven-member group and that there will definitely be someone who is dropped from the group.
BABYMONSTER will not be a seven-member group. There is definitely someone who will be disqualified.
— Yang Hyun Suk
Instead, Yang Hyun Suk revealed he would be showcasing the last evaluation of the group prior to its debut to the public through which the final members would be named.
Netizens did not respond positively to YG Entertainment’s decision, with many alleging it was an outdated marketing ploy by the company. Others criticized the founder for returning to the spotlight after his role in several big scandals that rocked the K-Pop industry.
- “This is so outdated.”
- “Wow, how does he still show his face?”
- “Isn’t marketing their desperation such an old tactic?”
- “Sigh, until when are you going to use this 20-year-old tactic?”
- “Yang Hyun Suk is showing his face in public? Why do you consume YG Entertainment?”
- “This again? F@cking sick of it.”
- “Stop mistreating kids who are doing their best to achieve their dreams. Is this the only way to market them?”
- “Wow… I was getting tired of them dropping individual teasers and was wondering when they would debut, but they didn’t even decide on their final members? What are they doing?”
What are your thoughts?
BABYMONSTER Pharita’s Hot Older “Brother” Is A Multi-Talented Celebrity Himself
“She’s Serious And Sexy” BLACKPINK’s Lisa Is Going Viral For Her Role And Behaviour As A Mentor To BABYMONSTER
BABYMONSTER Asa’s Reaction To TREASURE’s Jihoon Is 100% Relatable
BABYMONSTER: 6 Controversies That Unfairly Cast A Shadow On The Group’s Debut