Netizens defended IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung from faulty allegations about her Miu Miu ambassadorship while criticizing those that continued to peddle baseless rumors.
Recently Jang Wonyoung cemented her “It” girl status when she conquered Paris’s fashion week, blowing fans away with her beauty and grace.
Rumors, however, started swirling when fans started alleging that Jang Wonyoung’s Miu Miu jacket was from the brand’s past seasonal collection, while some alleged that the jacket wasn’t from MIU MIU entirely.
Of course, all of this was proven false when Miu Miu came out to reveal that the jacket was from an unreleased collection.
The product worn by Jang Wonyoung is part of the Miu Miu Holiday 23 collection, which has not been released yet. It will be released through the campaign in November.
— Miu Miu
There were also rumors that Jang Wonyoung wasn’t a Miu Miu ambassador at all, that she was invited to the brand’s fashion show at the behest of an alleged boyfriend, and that she had actually paid for her own trip to Paris, all of which were quickly proven false.
We would like to sincerely wish the ever-so-lovely Wonyoung a happy birthday. From now on, there will only be good things.
— Miu Miu
According to a news report, many of the rumors were started by controversial YouTuber Sojang. The YouTuber has been criticized in the past by fans and artists alike for starting and spreading false rumors.
On an online post, netizens gathered to defend the idol while criticizing those who continued to spread and believe these baseless rumors.
- “Sigh, it seems because she’s young, pretty, and popular, she has these crazy haters. It must be tough for her.”
- “You guys are just jealous, right?”
- “They really need to get a life…”
- “They are alleging some really weird rumors about her. I bet she’s so frustrated.”
- “The level of their inferiority complex is severe, LOL. Are they not living their life and just making stuff up all day? How do you go from ‘That’s a fake Miu Miu jacket —-> She paid for her own flight to Paris?’ I really don’t understand.”
- “They are really pathetic… What are they doing to a little kid?”
- “Why are they so jealous of a young kid? Why do you guys live that way, really?”
- “Even I, who know nothing about fashion, know that she’s an ambassador.”