aespa just celebrated their second anniversary on November 17, and fans have been reflecting on the last two years with the talented group.
aespa debuted as SM Entertainment‘s highly-anticipated fourth-generation girl group, following a long line of successful girl groups, including S.E.S, Girls’ Generation, f(x), Red Velvet, and more, from one of the top entertainment companies in Korea.
aespa has had many impressive achievements in their two short years as a group, forging their own path as an idol group with a unique metaverse concept.
After seeing the group shine during their performances and take on global stages, fans want to see even more of them. They’ve proven they can hold their own at overseas festivals, like their performance at Coachella in April, showing their global impact in a different way with their speech about promoting global sustainability at the United Nation’s 2022 High-Level Political Forum in July.
While aespa continues to prove their popularity and impact, fans and netizens alike question SM Entertainment’s lack of seemingly adequate promotions for the group.
This year, aespa released their second mini-album that included hit tracks “Illusion” and “Girls.” Despite making their comeback, netizens realized the group only appeared on music shows four times. This, combined with the lack of confirmed performances by aespa at the upcoming year-end award ceremonies, has fans raising questions.
With the list of influential fourth-generation K-Pop girl groups continuing to grow, netizens feel it’s essential for SM Entertainment to promote aespa actively. Many felt bad that the girls weren’t able to do more of what they love, perform on stage for fans.
- It’s too bad. I hope they appear in more music shows in the future seriously ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
- Do they not have any other promotions besides music shows??
- I saw SM artists all throughout the year but I haven’t seen aespa. I’m not a fan and I still feel bad for them. They should be having the most activities during their rise to fame. I bet the fans are really upsetㅠ
- Why is aespa the only ones who aren’t coming out…? I heard all of the other artists are.
- Why are they running it like this? You can’t even consider it a ‘superstar branding’ because how can you call it branding if you only cycle through the music shows twice? I see them on variety shows sometimes, so it’s not like they’re pushing a mysticism concept. What are they doing? All of the 4th generation girl groups are getting pushed/marketed aggressively…