K-Pop singers IU and BTS‘s Jungkook were chosen by Rolling Stone Magazine to appear on its list of “The 200 Greatest Singers Of All Time”.
On January 1, the renowned music publication revealed its list of “The 200 Greatest Singers Of All Time.” The list includes some of music’s most revered acts, such as Aretha Franklin (1), Marvin Gaye (20), and Selena (89), as well as popular contemporary vocalists such as Ariana Grande (43), Billie Eilish (198), and Adele (22).
K-Pop fans, therefore, were thrilled to find that two of K-Pop’s brightest and biggest stars were also chosen on the list. Singers IU and BTS’s Jungkook made the list, coming in at 135 and 191 places, respectively.
Rolling Stone Magazine had previously published a list of “The 100 Greatest Singers Of All Time” in 2008. Fourteen years later, the list has been expanded to 200 and includes some of the greatest contemporary artists of recent generations.
Netizens celebrated IU and Jungkook’s being recognized on the list.
- “Congratulations Jungkook and IU.”
- “IU, how much more will you make us proud?”
- “Congratulations to both Jungkook and IU.”
- “I am so proud of you, Jungkook! IU you too!”
- “Congratulations to both of them!”
- “Congratulations! I love both Jungkook and IU’s voices.”
- “Congratulations to both IU and Jungkook. Is there any possibility you guys can record a duet? For me?”
Check out the full list in the link below!