Billboard reportedly had a difficult time getting NewJeans to perform at the 2023 Billboard Music Awards.
On November 20, NewJeans delivered a world-class performance at the 2023 Billboard Music Awards. The group stunned the world’s audience with renditions of their global hit songs “Super Shy” and “OMG.”
Fans, however, were therefore shocked to learn that NewJeans’ performance may have never happened.
On an SBS News Radio show, music critic Kim Young Dae revealed that Billboard had a hard time getting NewJeans to perform. The revelation is shocking, considering many K-Pop labels would drool over the chance to perform on the global stage.
From my knowledge, Billboard had to work long and hard for NewJeans to perform on their award show. In the end, it was NewJeans’ side that granted the performance.
— Kim Young Dae
Netizens reacted to the news, with many praising NewJeans. Many other fans wished the group even more success and expressed their anticipation for the group’s performance at the award show.
- “NewJeans did well in the States too, so it makes sense that Billboard had to work to get them to perform, LOL.”
- “I can’t wait to watch.”
- “I hope my babies do even better!”
- “Seriously, Daebak!”
- “NewJeans, Fighting!”
- “Oh, I can’t wait to watch.”
- “Ah-ha, looking forward to their performance.”
- “Wishing NewJeans even more success.”
- “Oh, they are performing today. I can’t wait to watch them.”
Meanwhile, NewJeans showed the world why they are K-Pop’s premier act. Check out their incredible performance at the 2023 Billboard Music Awards in the link below!