Heo Dong Won, best known for playing Moon Dong Eun’s (played by Song Hye Kyo) colleague, Mr. Chu (also known as Teacher Nung Dam), is going viral for his past.
On Netflix‘s The Glory, audiences surely remember Song Hye Kyo‘s fellow teacher Mr. Chu. Everything about the character, from his haircut to his ambiguous facial expressions, screams creepy scene-stealer.
On March 12, a post titled on an online community went viral. The post titled “The Glory’s Teacher Nung Dam, Is This True?” featured Heo Dong Won’s past works before playing his nightmare-inducing character on The Glory.
In the pictures, the actor looks strikingly more handsome, and is almost unrecognizable from the bob-haired creepy teacher he plays on The Glory.
Netizens couldn’t hold back their surprise, with some going as far as to claim the bob-hair the actor wore in the drama should be illegal.
- “That bob-hairstyle, it’s the definition of uncomfortable. In The Outlaws, he comes off as a nice detective.”
- “They need to ban that hairstyle.”
- “The hair is one thing, but I think he changed the appearance of his face. Maybe he gained weight.”
- “If you think about it, doesn’t it mean he is really good at acting? He takes on the character with his charisma alone… Respect!”
- “If it was a normal hairstyle, I don’t think the impact would be the same. That hairstyle just gives off bad vibes.”
- “And this is how, yet again, I cure my desire to cut my hair short.”
- “Seriously, the hairstyle was so chilling. I thought he was a shaman or related to a cult, but he wasn’t. But thanks to him, for an instant, Jeon Jae Joon seemed human.”
- “To be honest, I felt the supporting cast were way better actors than the male and female leads. If it weren’t for the acting prowess of the supporting characters, I think the drama wouldn’t have been fun.
Meanwhile, Heo Dong Won is a veteran screenplay and theatre actor. The actor started off as a theatre actor in 2007 and made his debut on screen in 2014.
Since then, the actor has been a part of some of Korean entertainment’s biggest hits, acting in projects such as When The Camellia Bloms, The King: Eternal Monarch, Squid Game, and The Outlaws series.