Red Velvet’s Irene Under Fire For Being “Disrespectful” On Weekly Idol
Red Velvet recently appeared on Weekly Idol where they surely gave their all with the many challenges sought out on the program.
Leader Irene, however, faced criticisms after the production staff released a form that the members had to fill out. Irene’s form quickly circulated online.
The form covered basic information about the member, asking simple questions about their physical health, strengths, weaknesses, chemistry among the members, and more.
Irene was not able to complete the form in its entirety, leaving most of it blank and just adding “unnie” or “dongsaeng” to specific questions about the members. (ie. Seulgi probably thinks of me as unnie.)
The production staff had to fill in the answers themselves for her form to be included in the broadcast.
The rest of the members had personally filled in the rest of their answers.
It led to quite a bit of backlash from most netizens calling her “unprofessional” and “disrespectful” about filling out a simple form.
- “Even idols who’ve been around for far longer do so much more to keep their place… it doesn’t take forever just to answer simple questions… I give props to the production staff.”
- “Seriously… that wouldn’t have taken 3 minutes to fill out… Are you kidding? I think she was being disrespectful.”
- “Mm… This isn’t how anyone should ever behave, not matter if you’re an idol or not.”
- “I’m a fan but… I can’t help but agree. It was a little much.”
- “I’m actually jealous that you can make so much money off of your face… I’m also envious that fans are defending her for putting in so little effort, just saying ‘She must’ve been tired’… It’s only been 4 years since she debuted and she’s already lost her professionalism. I hope she can return to a rookie state of mind for the fans.”
- “That’s just plain disrespectful.”
irene just really didn’t feel like it when they made her complete her profile for weekly idol i guess
— 💙 (@baewannie) August 22, 2018
🖋 a simple yet clear written profile by #IRENE for #WeeklyIdol #주간아이돌 pic.twitter.com/CLp801nuhY
— IRENE。 (@baeairinie) August 23, 2018
are knetz really mad at irene for leaving her weekly idol profile mostly blank… im zzzzzzz
— ً (@seuIrne) August 22, 2018
irene's weekly idol form reminds me of my math 102 quiz where i legit fell asleep during taking it (idk how i fell asleep) and woke up 5 mins before we pass it so i just wrote anything just to make the paper look not too empty lol
— fabe 🐰 #PowerUp (@sjhbjh91) August 22, 2018
On the other hand, fans are defending Irene’s behavior by claiming it’s just her lax personality.
If you really wanted to know Irene, why would you even be so intent on hating the Weekly Idol form she barely answered? If you wanted to know more about her, all you have to do is follow her. Why limit yourself to a piece of paper when you have so much RV data everywhere 😂
— reVALuv🐰 (@vjdec_) August 23, 2018
“Irene being lazy to fill the form in Weekly Idol”
everyone: yikes you call her a leader? she thinks she’s going to be famous forever?
“Irene being respectful/polite/acting like an angel moments”
— nad. 🐰 (@seulgrene) August 22, 2018
I’m not even gonna bother with this weekly idol shit because ppl would’ve found a way to hate on irene for another dumb reason she could’ve put whatever on the profile and they would’ve been “oh pretentious bxtch” “she’s useless and a liar” w/e
— jenn (@irenetology) August 22, 2018
Lazy or just simply Irene’s lax personality? You be the judge.