TXT’s Official Merchandise For Upcoming Online Concert Gets Confused As NCT Goods
TXT recently excited their fans after they announced the news about their upcoming online concert. Set to stream on October 3, 2021, the concert titled ACT: BOY will be the boy group’s first ever virtual concert.
As the excitement continues to build, HYBE Labels released official TXT concert merchandise on Weverse Shop. In the midst of the anticipation, however, the merchandise’s font and the logo are being mistaken for a different boy group.
As fans of TXT flocked to Weverse Shop to see what goods were available, they were presented with a half-moon shaped bag…
…a simple black beanie…
…a cool little pouch…
…a mask and mask holder set…
…a graphic t-shirt…
…an oversized hoodie, and more.
However, upon further inspection, fans and other netizens quickly realized that the ACT: BOY logo meant for the upcoming TXT concert was very reminiscent of another popular K-Pop group — NCT and their group logo.
Here is NCT’s official group logo…
…compared to TXT ACT: BOY‘s concert merchandise logo.
After comparing and contrasting the ACT: BOY logo to NCT’s group logo, netizens agreed that the TXT concert merchandise seemed more appropriate for NCT-related activities.
- “I thought it was for NCT.”
- “? I definitely assumed it was NCT’s.”
- “I read it as NCT BOY.”
- “I was confident it was NCT goods and then I scrolled down…”
- “Even though I know, I can only see it as an N ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “I definitely thought it was NCT goods so I didn’t understand the issue…but then I scrolled down ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “This is bad.”
- “I thought you were telling us that Weverse was selling NCT goods.”
What do y’all think? Are the logos truly as similar as netizens are claiming or is this an overstep?