Here Are All The Winners From The 2019 Chunsa Film Awards
Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite received numerous accolades.
The Chunsa Film Awards are a prestigious institution which recognises the best and brightest of the Korean film industry.
2019’s event took place on July 18th at the COEX Auditorium in Seoul. The big winner of the night was Bong Joon Ho’s newest creation Parasite which took home a multitude of awards.
Best Actress went to Jo Yeo Jeong for her performance in Parasite, it’s the actress’ first award of this level since her debut year, 1997.
Joo Ji Hoon won Best Actor for his part in Dark Figure of Crime. He thanked the film’s director and expressed his happiness at winning the award.
- Best Director: Bong Joon Ho (Parasite)
- Best Actress: Jo Yeo Jeong (Parasite)
- Best Actor: Joo Ji Hoon (Dark Figure of Crime)
- Best Supporting Actress: Lee Jung Eun (Parasite)
- Best Supporting Actor: Steven Yeun (Burning)
- Best New Actress (Joint): Jeon Yeo Bin (After My Death), Jin Ji Koo (Little Forest)
- Best New Actor: Gong Myung (Extreme Job)
- Special Popularity Award (Joint): Lee Sung Kyung (Miss & Mrs. Cops), Uhm Tae Goo (The Great Battle)
- Best New Director: Kim Tae Kyun (Dark Figure of Crime)
- Best Screenplay: Bong Joon Ho & Han Ji Won (Parasite)
- Technical Award: Pi Dae Sung (Rampant)
- People’s Choice Most Popular Film: Extreme Job
Congratulations to everyone!