“Youn’s Stay” Actor Choi Woo Shik Takes Heat For Laughing At A Hand-Drawn Gift He Received On The Show
In the latest episode of tvN‘s popular new show Youn’s Stay, actor Choi Woo Shik received a thoughtful gift from one of the guests who stayed at the accommodation.
The guest, who introduced himself to be currently studying art at Hongik University, hesitantly presented his pencil-sketched portraits for the hosts Youn Yeo Jung and Choi Woo Shik.
It’s really not the best… I’m a little bit scared [to present it] because it might not be good.
While actress Youn Yeo Jung wholeheartedly thanked the guest, claiming she “looks much better” in the hand-drawn artwork…
Thank you so much, I can tell it’s me! Thank you.
— Youn Yeo Jung
… Choi Woo Shik couldn’t help but crack up at his.
Eventually, he and fellow actor Park Seo Joon had to step outside to laugh it out.
After the episode aired, some viewers found it “inconsiderate” of Choi Woo Shik to have reacted the way he did — especially when the guest mentioned that he isn’t too confident about the drawings.
- “Isn’t he being a bit… rude here? I feel like the way he’s laughing at the drawing seems a bit mocking. I understand it may be humorous, but I thought his reaction was excessive — considering the time and effort the guest must have put in.”
- “Couldn’t the show not have focused so much on how he was laughing? I worry that the guest would watch this episode and feel offended at the reaction.”
- “Am I the only one who doesn’t find the drawing funny? The guest gave it to him as a gift… Who laughs at a gift like that? If I were the guest, I would have felt offended by the reaction. Especially if I put in so much time and thought into it.”
- “I think it’s important to remember how hesitant and shy the guest was when he first took out the drawings. He was clearly nervous to present it… And for them to be laughing at his work, it’s inconsiderate to say the least.”
- “Note how the guest isn’t trying to be funny when he explains the portraits. Take the hint. Read the room. Why do you think the older hosts, like Youn Yeo Jung and Lee Seo Jin, aren’t laughing?”
Meanwhile, others have come to Choi Woo Shik’s defense — claiming that he “meant no harm in laughing” at the portrait and having a good time. They concluded, “The guest too would have appreciated Choi Woo Shik’s good-natured, positive response to the drawing.”