During a live broadcast, GOT7‘s Yugyeom and Bambam were talking about their experience having a concert in Thailand and mentioned the newest Marvel movie “Avengers: Endgame”, which they said was a popular movie in Thailand.
They mentioned that a fan had brought a sign that featured a spoiler of the movie. Yugyeom mentioned how a security guard caught the fan with the banner to avoid spoiling the movie, but Bambam revealed he had asked the security guard to get the banner.
Bambam said he asked for the banner because,
I can’t be the only who got the spoiler!
After, Bambam proceeds to spoil the movie in both Korean and English. He appears to have done so as a joke and didn’t mean to offend anyone, but netizens were not happy with him spoiling the movie.
- “Crazy b***ards”
- “They don’t want people spoiling their comebacks but want to reveal spoilers about movies~”
- “Looks like they thought that people wouldn’t understand even when he was speaking in English??”
- ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ there’s a reason why some kids can’t hit bigㅠ
- “They are for sure getting less hate because they are less popular. If you have just one member from EXO, BLACKPINK, Red Velvet or BTS do something like that, he/she would’ve received a huge amount of hate.”
- “Isn’t JYP media playing their “character education”? What are they doing?”
- “I feel like because he said it in English, I’m even madder. Did they think that we wouldn’t understand if they spoke in English?”
Some fans have defended Bambam, saying that the hate is too intense for something so small.
- “There must be people who would leave the fandom if their bias spoiled something but ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The Avengers’ fans would, of course, get mad, but if you’re not a GOT7 fan, I don’t think you have anything to bash them about since you probably didn’t watch their live… If you’re a Got7 fan, then I’ll understand. I’m not saying that they did something good by spoiling the movieㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I just feel like people who are cursing them out without watching the live is crossing the line a bit.”
Some netizens still think it’s wrong, however.
- “It’s not about whether the general public watches their lives or not. The fact that they spoiled the movie is wrong.”
The part where Bambam spoils the movie has since been cut out from the broadcast in the re-upload.