Last year, IVE‘s Leeseo became a hot topic after she was the subject of an extreme zoom-in during a performance of the group’s debut song “ELEVEN.”
The unexpected action occurred in SBS‘s Inkigayo. When the young idol began singing her part, the camera zoomed closer and closer…
…until it was right in her face! It must have come as a shock, but she handled it like a pro and continued dancing as if nothing uncomfortable had happened.
After the performance, many netizens felt that the cameraman’s actions were too aggressive. They showered Leeseo with praise for not only keeping her cool during the moment but also looking cute the entire time.
- “Do they not inform them of these methods during the rehearsal?? In random times like this, they have to match her level of what she plans on doing…but wow, she’s such a pro. She didn’t even flinch in the abrupt zoom-in portions.”
- “I heard that she opened her eyes that big because she was previously told that when cameras approach her, she shouldn’t close her eyes ㅋㅋㅋㅋ so cute.”
- “Seeing her keep her cool and not get flustered is really coolㅜㅜ Leeseo.”
- “She’s so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ even during the super zoomed in shot, Leeseo endured through it…she’s the perfect idol.”
- “Omg ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ if that was me, I would have started to hiccup as soon as the camera approached me and I would have created an on-stage accident;;; our babyㅜㅜㅜ no, I mean Leeseo unnie,,,please have meㅜㅜㅜㅜ.”
In a recent guest appearance on variety show MMTG, host Jaejae brought up the topic, telling Leeseo that she was praised for her professionalism and noting that the cameraman pulled the same move the following week.
Your professional attitude drew attention. It has almost 5 million views. After this became a hot topic, I guess the camera was excited because he put the camera really close to her eyes the following week.
This time, it was so close, you could visibly see the camera’s shadow!
Contrary to expectations, Leeseo revealed that she was actually satisfied with how it turned out because it gave her the opportunity to open her eyes. “I really liked it. I think I opened my eyes wider,” she admitted.
When asked how close it went, Leeseo grabbed a bottle of water, demonstrating how close it really went…and yes, it barely left any room.
Finally, Jaejae asked the one question that fans had on their minds.
Don’t you think there was too little personal space?
With a grin, Leeseo simply replied, “I personally like it.” She would undoubtedly be ready for the camera if the same thing were to happen to her again!