Mukbang streamer SOF makes $180 a day
Mukbang livestream personality BJ SOF recently revealed that he makes about $180 USD per day.
JTBC‘s Mom Is Watching recently followed SOF, a livestream personality for Afreeca TV, for 24 hours of his life and discovered that at the end of the day, the internet currency he earned cashed out to about $180 USD.
Mukbang, literally “eating broadcast,” is a type of performance where people eat exceptionally large quantieis of food while interacting with their viewers to create an entertaining broadcast.
Netizens have reacted with sympathy and encouragement after finding out how much SOF really makes a day:
1. [+595, -10] I guess you have to be a super famous BF to make good money…
2. [+496, -9] But aside from that income, I’m sure he gets food sponsorships and is on TV more frequently than other BJs so he should still make a lot~
3. [+393, -4] Personal broadcasts do well if you have the creativity for it
4. [+266, -29] I thought SOF was handsome ㅜㅜ
5. [+77, -3] SOF is an amazing person. Used to work at a hotel but changed his career path to achieve his dream. He probably also makes money off of his monetized videos on YouTube.
6. [+74, -0] I like him because he actually teaches you cooking. I wish him luck. Sad that some streamers can just sit and smile at the camera with some plastic surgery beauty and make more money.
7. [+61, -0] I like him because he’s a good cook and has a funny way with words~
8. [+60, -0] I used to think BJs made easy money but seeing SOF, I guess that’s not always the case. His entire day was structured around his live stream and I’m sure he’s not left with much once he pays his bills and loans.
Source: TV Report