Netizens Believe These Old Clips Of IVE’s Jang Wonyoung Is Her True Personality
A video montage of IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung from when she was younger has recently gone viral.
Jang Wonyoung is taking the world by storm with her beauty, talents, and success. She is known to be a “born-to-be” idol and is always proper and poised wherever she goes.
JANG WONYOUNG 🖤✨
WONYOUNG MIU MIU PFW #WONYOUNGxMiuMiuPFW #JANGWONYOUNG #MiuMiuSS23@MIUMIUofficial pic.twitter.com/j93IFHBWsz
— IVE pics (@ivepics_) October 4, 2022
However, netizens dug up her past moments that show a different side of the star.
Made up of clips from her days as an IZ*ONE member, the viral YouTube short has a caption that translates to “Jang Wonyoung’s Original Personality.”
The video shows moments of a younger Jang Wonyoung dancing in the kitchen in an oversized Pringles shirt and using the sleeve to pick up the hot pot lid.
Another clip shows Jang Wonyoung laughing and sitting on the floor in a very comfortable pose, with the caption written under saying, “No fakeness” and “Stop hating for no reason.”
The last clip shows her raising her leg and tapping it playfully with her members.
In response to this video, netizens had mixed reactions. Some said they missed the old IZ*ONE version of Jang Wonyoung, saying she looked happier then.
- “Why does the past Wonyoung look happier than now? What are we going to do with that cute Dragonite cuteness for real”
- “Maybe it’s because she seems more human, but IZ*ONE Wonyoung looks so happy and like her mind is at peace”
- “IVE Wonyoung seems like an entertainment company’s model of mass production.. I really miss IZ*ONE Wonyoung…”
- “This is Jang Wonyoung’s true self; an always bright, cute, and pure Jang Wonyoung”
- “I want to see Jang Won Young in a parallel world where she doesn’t become an idol. Perhaps she would’ve stayed a pure and bright girl..”
Others stated that it’s not a matter of “original personality,” but that Jang Wonyoung has grown from a teenager to an adult—as everyone does.
- “I’m not Jang Wonyoung’s fan or anything, but… I think it’s inevitable that a person can change and mature as they grow up over time. I don’t know if Jang Wonyoung is happy or not, but if people keep saying they like and miss her old self when she has just matured and become more reserved, I think she’ll be stuck in a situation where she feels like she needs to be her old self… I’m not saying it’s bad to miss this side of her, but wouldn’t it be hurtful to her if we people tell her to go back to this when she’s already changed..?”
- “We all looked more comfortable and laughed more when we were in middle school lol Jang Wonyoung has gradually matured and become reserved. I don’t think it’s right to say that the old her is real and the new her is fake. It’s important to respect her in whatever ‘side’ she shows us”
- “As time passes, preferences can change, and she might be being careful thinking about her influence. Then or now, she is a great person, so please stop the “blah blah” and hating her for no reason”
Then or now, Jang Wonyoung is as lovable as ever and fans cannot wait to see what the future holds for her.
Watch the YouTube short here.
IVE’s Jang Wonyoung Shocks Fans By Accidentally Giving A Huge “Spoiler” — But There’s An Unexpected Plot Twist
From The Good To The Bad: 10+ Most Relatable International Fan Reactions To IVE’s Pre-Release Song “Kitsch”
IVE Just Released “KITSCH” But Here’s What Korean Netizens Really Think
IVE Officially Unveils Pre-Release Track “Kitsch” Music Video