5 Korean Programs Netizens Believe Should Shut Down For The Sake of Idols
Every year during the late summer and early fall, idols are required to participate in MBC‘s Idol Star Athletic Championships with many getting injured in the process and thus resulting a lot of criticism from netizens.
But it’s not only the Idol Star Athletic Championships that netizens aren’t happy with as this year, many have shown their distaste for the long-running virtual couple variety show We Got Married, citing that the show has lost its pizzazz and is doing more hurt to the image of the celebrities starring.
These two shows are just those of more that netizens have recently cited as television programs who should be shut down for the sake of both idols and celebrities alike.
In an Instiz thread posted on December 4th, a netizen listed the following:
Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!
01. Idols Star Athletic Championships – An “olympic” for idols who participate in various sports in teams.
02. Law of the Jungle – reality-documentary hybrid variety show that casts celebrities to travel to primitive and natural places. Celebrities usually have to travel out of the country for days to shoot.
03. We Got Married – Celebrities are paired up by producers to play as a virtual couple on air.
04. Dream Team – Sports variety program
05. Mnet Asian Music Award (MAMA) – Award show held yearly by Mnet which has recently attracted controversy with unfair performance time between artists and more.
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.
- Our babies were on all 5….
- I friggin hate all 5 shows so much I’m shaking….
- My boys were on everything but WGM….Yeol was on Jungle…
- Woah,…SHINee was on every one of them… ^^
- Really let’s all boycott Idol athletics…so it closes…
- I hate MAMA more than WGM
- This year’s MAMA was terrible but usually their stage quality and stuff are good…WGM if you don’t mind seeing your bias on your show it really is a fun show to watch…