YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk has quickly dispelled the negative rumors that ran wild when fans noticed that he had unfollowed BIGBANG’s Seungri and 2NE1’s Park Bom on Instagram.
On April 16th, the rumors mills were churning as fans speculated that YG’s actions were foreshadowing the fate of Seungri and Bom, especially given the two artists’ recent incidents – a car accident and drug smuggling. Many fans suspected that Seungri and Bom would not be renewing their contracts with YG Entertainment and that the two were not on good terms with the agency.
However, not long after these rumors started spreading, Yang Hyun Suk himself spoke up about the situtation, easily brushing off the stories. “The reason behind my unfollowing?…Nothing much at all. I didn’t think it would be a big deal (laughs).”
The CEO continued to elaborate on the situation, “To be honest, I’m from the analog era, so I use SNS like Instagram maybe only once or twice a year. I recently went on SNS to make a post congratulating Jinusean on their long-awaited comeback and it was then that I started to follow people who have been using SNS a lot lately.
“The people I originally followed on Instagram were BIGBANG’s G-Dragon, Taeyang, Seungri, and 2NE1’s CL, Park Bom, and Dara. Just those 6 people, who I followed when I first opened an Instagram account.
“Park Bom doesn’t really use Instagram these days, so I stopped following her. G-Dragon and Taeyang use their accounts often though, so I left their accounts.”
In regards to unfollowing Seungri, YG said, “BIGBANG’s new song will be out soon, so why would I unfollow Seungri? I have no problem with either Seungri nor Park Bom. I didn’t know that who I follow on Instagram would be such a big deal.”
However, despite the CEO’s statement, many netizens find his words hard to believe as they feel there really is some deeper meaning behind the CEO’s actions, while others found comfort in his reaction.
1. [+431, -91] I noticed some comments that say Star Empire is a company that does their job but I actually think they’re not compared to YG. If they were so good, they would’ve been able to hide Yewon’s scandal but they got hate because they didn’t ㅋㅋ and they’re a company that hasn’t been able to get groups like Jewelry, Nine Muses popular for years now, how can a company like that be successful with their media play to kill Jang Dong Min?? Even Yang Hyun Suk would laugh at that.
2. [+355, -18] It’s probably his warning to them that if they screw up one more time, it’s over them
3. [+228, -18] Everything’s news worthy nowadays ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+31, -2] He’s always fast with responding to these types of news
5. [+25, -3] Isn’t Seungri one of the BIGBANG members who can’t do anything for himself? Even his solo only got #1 because of his BIGBANG title but he can barely even deliver his lyrics because of his lisp and unstable pronunciation.
6. [+21, -7] He’s laughing in this situation?
7. [+20, -5] He can throw those two away though… actually, he should’ve thrown them away already
8. [+19, -2] He’s saying his unfollow has no meaning?? Pretty sure he intentionally unfollowed them, just didn’t think he’d get attention for it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+18, -1] For a bastard this fast with replies, why’s he always so slow with issues regarding actual scandals? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+15, -1] If he doesn’t use Instagram that much like he claims, then isn’t it easier to just leave your follows as they are because you don’t look at your feed anyway? Why would he go through the troublesome process of pressing unfollow for them?
Source: Star News