7 Of K-Pop’s Worst Stage Disasters That Should Never Be Forgotten
1. 4MINUTE — Techno Valley Festival Ventilation Shaft Accident
16 people died after falling down the 60-foot chasm. This is still remembered as the most tragic concert accident in K-Pop history.
2. Girl’s Generation — Stage Collapse at the Seoul Music Awards
3. Girl’s Generation — 2011 Kidnapping Attempt
4. SHINee — KBS Music Bank Apparatus Collapse
5. DalShabet — Stage Collapse
6. Girl’s Generation — Moving Platform Crash
Had any of the members fallen from the platform, the situation could have been serious.
7. Red Velvet Wendy’s 2.5 meter fall
During rehearsals for a special stage at 2019 SBS Gayo Daejeon, Wendy was supposed to walk down a set of stairs from a raised platform that was about 2.5 meters high. However, the stairs were not set in place properly, causing Wendy to fall down the stairs, leaving her injured with a broken pelvis, wrist, and facial injuries.
Due to the incident, she has been unable to participate in the group’s activities for the past 3 months as she recovers. She recently was able to leave a message on her Instagram to her fans who are waiting for her to recover and return.
Red Velvet’s Wendy Breaks 2 Month Silence After Serious Injury With Health Update On Instagram
Bonus: The False Promises & Scams of both “Krowdpop” and “TGM Events”
BTS “Highlight” tour ends after disastrous tour management by TGM Events
Vietnamese Fans Are Boycotting EXID’s Concert After ‘Scam’ Accusations